Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions need help with a shel script plzz Post 302547737 by flyman on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 12:43:24 PM
Old 08-16-2011
need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help

write a shell script that will
1-prompt the user for a file name
2-check to see if the file exists
3-create the file if the file does not exist
4-then go back and repeat step 1 if the file doesn't exist

#!/bin/bash
if test -e filename
echo "the file is exist."
else
echo "the file is not exist."
echo "filename" > "filename1"
fi

==============================

the other script
create a shell script that will
1- prompt for four file names
2- combine all of the data in the first three files into the fourth one

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with GREP, help plzz

I just want the output of this command to be stored in a variable like, str = `grep Application.dbName serverdata/ServerProp.txt` but while executing it says like, str : startup 11: not found, where startup is the script name. but while running the command alone like, grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_sakthi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel Script doesn't work from Exceed

Hi, I am using this script to load up my Oracle Databases, but when I log in through Exceed, it hangs. Can anyone tell me what else I need to add to make this work?? Details ****************************************************************************************************... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnkansah
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel program file handling

Hi, Iam having the file as follows: QWASEDRF1234567890098765 abc@quebex.com 000000000-932333 678394-56=3 9033894 QWASEDRF1234567890098765 abc@quebex.com 000000000-932333 678394-56=3 9033894 OPIUYTREE0986666544443322 dcsx@olivaa.net ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script & sqlplus "plzz help"

hi friends, i m tryin to load data from one set of table to other i have sql procedure al ready for it..! i m going to load the procedure only if data in one of my table for example table "landing " have 10 records each attribute of this table is file_name status date ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulbir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script invoking shel script.

Hi, I have a shell script which will start a process in my prodution server. I want to write one more script as a cron job, which will start the first script at regular intervals. My question is what are the things I have to make sure to invoke the first script in second script. Can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need some clarification on for loop in shel script

for ( ( $i=0 ; $i<=6 ; $i++ ) ) do p=/RSA-Data/PE-data00"${i}" echo "$p" done --- i need output as below /RSA-Data/PE-data000 . . . /RSA-Data/PE-Data006 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to solve these questions plzz help

1.Display a list of /usr/share/doc subdirectories containing information about shells.How many README files do these subdirectories contain? Don't count anything in the form of "README.a_string". 2.Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago, using grep,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script..plzz help

Hi all, if any body could help me out to automate the unix script for finding some particualar files which are based on dates like see every day i need check the TXT files which are being in processed and Sequential order based on dates For Example: files name starts at... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4 I am running the following script: ++++++++ #!/bin/bash while ; do xdotool mousemove 248 539 click 1 & sleep 3 done +++++++++ This moves the mouse on the specified position on the screen and clicks that pauses the script for 3 seconds and repeats the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfarnume
2 Replies
AMC-EXPORT(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						     AMC-EXPORT(1)

NAME
AMC-export - exports marks for AMC multiple choice exams. SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice export --data project-data-dir --module module --fich-noms students-list.csv [--noms-encodage list-encoding] --o output-file DESCRIPTION
The AMC-export.pl command exports marks from an Auto Multiple Choice exam. --data project-data-dir gives the directory where data files are (see for example AMC-prepare(1)). --module module selects a module for export. See below for the modules included in the AMC standard distribution. --fich-noms students-list.csv sets the students list file. --noms-encodage list-encoding selects an encoding for file students-list.csv (default is utf-8). --o output-file gives the output file name. --option-out options gives an option for selected module, in the form key=value (see below for possible options for each module). To specify multiple options, use --option several times. --sort sort-type sort the students names, depending on sort-type. If sort-type is l, use line number from students list file to sort. If sort-type is m, use mark (and name if marks are equal) to sort. If sort-type is i, use student number to sort. If sort-type is n, use name to sort (or line from students list if equal). --useall all if all is 0 or empty, only students with a scaned answer sheet appears in the output. If all is 1, all students in the students list appears in the output. MODULES
OpenDocument With "--module ods", an OpenDocument (for use by OpenOffice or LibreOffice for example) is produced. The following options are recognized: nom gives a name for the exam, to be written on the beginning of the sheet. code gives an short name for the exam, to be used as a tab name. columns sets the list of columns that are to be added to each student. Default value is student.key,student.name. stats with a true value, a table will be added with statistics for all questions. statsindic with a true value, a table will be added with statistics for all indicative questions. CSV With "--module CSV", a CSV file is produced. The following options are recognized: columns sets the list of columns that are to be added to each student. Default value is student.copy,student.key,student.name. decimal sets the decimal point (default is a dot). encodage sets the encoding to use for output (default is utf-8). separateur sets the character used between colums (default is a comma). entoure sets the character used to enclose strings (default is a double quote). ticked if not empty, additional columns (with "CHECKED:" prefix) are included to give all the checked boxes on all the sheets. This can be used by an external program to retrieve all the checked boxes when marks are not sufficient. Use value 01 to get 0;0;1;1;0 if boxes 3 and 4 are checked, and value AB to get CD if boxes 3 and 4 are checked. List With "--module List", a PDF file is produced with a list of marks for all students. The following options are recognized: pagesize The page size. Default value is a4. nom gives the name of the exam, to be printed at the top of the page. ncols The number of columns. Default value is 2. decimal sets the decimal point (default is a dot). AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-EXPORT(1)