Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine Post 302547696 by jgt on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 11:24:23 AM
Old 08-16-2011
Do you have a 3-1/2 and/or 5-1/4 diskette drive(s)?

---------- Post updated at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:11 AM ----------

Are the hard drives integrated IDE (IDA) or SCSI, and if SCSI is the host adapter built into the motherboard or in a slot? Which is a convoluted way of asking, can the disks be moved to another machine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nvram reset or crack password

Hello guys ,and girls. Im having a very interesting problem. I have a Netra SUN machine and i had it here for quite a while now...i wanted to install it as a new server and todo so i needed to mount a cd rom and to change the boot at the prom level to cdrom. this could work but i forgot the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talroze
5 Replies

2. Solaris

how do you reset Samba root PW w/o knowing it?

:( I have a system that uses Samba to manage user's accounts. The problem is that the Samba's root password has been changed, and the people who setup the system have left the company. So what do I need to do to reset it or blank it out in order to supply Samba with a new password? mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehow
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to reset root password of old Unix System V

Hi all, This is first time I met unix in my life. I purchased old Scanning Elecron Microscope which came with 486/33MHz PC running Unix System V, ver. 3.6. The one simple user name/passw is known so I can boot and login. But can not shutdown! It asks root or su passw. I'm very sensitive not to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 82026
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not able to reset mysql root password

Hi, My root password for mysql has some problem as it dosent allow me to login.... all commands to reset it failed. so I removed mysql yum remove mysql and installed it by yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server and it installed fine I gave chkconfig --levels 235 mysqld on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reset the ldap root password?

How to change the ldap root password. I have generated the password by using "slappasswd " command, but In my root machine "/etc/ldap/sldap.d" file is not there. instead of the file sldap.d directory only is there. please help me...? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Fedora reset root password

I need some help with Fedora. I am trying to reset the root password. When I tried to login I was not able to. I kept getting the authentication failure message. I got the password reset success message. passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. I then thought maybe the root... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 8 reset root password from OSX

Hello, I have two old Solaris machines $ uname -a SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e2 unfortunately, it has been so long ago that i have used these that the root password has left my head... i can log into one of the machine as a normal user, but am unable to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to reset forgotten mysql root password?

Hi All, I just found one thread on this forum on this subject here: Forgot MYSQL password root | Unix Linux Forums | Web Development but unfortunately the issue was not resolved. I have the same problem with the same error message. The background is that I built a Solaris 11 x86 server... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Rebooting Windows machine leads to continue sync reset on UNIX

Hello, We have Windows 10 machine connected to Sparc T5440 server via serial cable. We access the server from the Windows 10 machine using putty via serial connection. This allows us to access ILOM and Unix. We have recently noticed that whenever we reboot the windows machine (Windows 10),... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux root Password Reset

Hi , I ve a question about the Linux system root password change. Which can be done using grub menu without inputting the old password.:confused: So If anybody can change the root password without any password and then how it is secure. Anybody can manipulate the other user using the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
6 Replies
ASR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ASR(4)

NAME
asr -- driver for Adaptec I2O based SCSI/ATA host bus adapters SYNOPSIS
device asr DESCRIPTION
The Adaptec asr driver provides access to disks and disk arrays controlled by I2O based host bus adapters and SmartRAID SCSI RAID adapters through the standard SCSI disk da(4) interface. The supported adapters provide 64 bit PCI, Compact PCI, Zero Channel PCI, and up to four channels of Ultra2, Ultra 160, or Ultra320 SCSI, or two channels of 1GB Fibre. All support RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-10, RAID-5 and RAID-50 arrays. All SCSI target types are supported. For the ATA based controllers, one IDE drive per channel is supported. Hot-swapping of IDE drives is not supported at this time. All host bus adapters must be configured before they can be used with any operating system. Please contact Adaptec directly to obtain the latest information on configuration utilities for the adapters. Currently there are both a Motif based GUI configuration utility and a CLI based configuration utility available from the Adaptec Web site. The cards and arrays can also be configured via the BIOS based configura- tion tool (SMOR). HARDWARE
The adapters currently supported by the asr driver include the following: o Adaptec Zero-Channel SCSI RAID 2000S, 2005S, 2010S, 2015S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2100S, 2110S o Adaptec ATA-100 RAID 2400A o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3200S, 3210S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3400S, 3410S o Adaptec SmartRAID PM1554 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM1564 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2554 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2564 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2664 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2754 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2865 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3754 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3755U2B / SmartRAID V Millennium o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3757 o DEC KZPCC-AC (LVD 1-ch, 4MB or 16MB cache), DEC KZPCC-CE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache), DEC KZPCC-XC (LVD 1-ch, 16MB cache), DEC KZPCC-XE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache) -- rebadged SmartRAID V Millennium FILES
/dev/asr* Adaptec SCSI RAID control nodes NOTES
The ATA based controllers present their devices as SCSI-like devices via CAM. For IDE drives attached to these cards, a subset of standard SCSI commands and mode pages are understood via translation performed in the card's firmware. SEE ALSO
da(4) HISTORY
The asr (Adaptec SCSI RAID) driver first appeared as the dpti2o driver under BSDi BSD/OS 3.2, then under FreeBSD 2.2.8 and was ported over to the CAM layer represented in 4.0. AUTHORS
The asr driver was kindly donated by Adaptec and is maintained by Mark Salyzyn <mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Mark Salyzyn and fixed up by Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 14, 2004 BSD