Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep a string and write a value to next line of found string Post 302547688 by angel12345 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 10:50:07 AM
Old 08-16-2011
Hi Franklin,

The input values are x=21-10-1986 and y= 22-10-1986
so i need to check the particular wf name , wf_xxxx .
The param file format is like

[wf_xxxx]
$$startdate=
$$enddate=

i need to assign teh value of x and y to $$startdate and $$enddate.
hope i made myself clear to you.

---------- Post updated at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:48 AM ----------

Hi dude2cool,
Thanks a lot for your response.
Could you be little elaborate on the description.

thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all string instances found by find+grep

Hello all Im performing find + grep operation that looks like this : find . -name "*.dsp" | xargs grep -on Project.lib | grep -v ':0' and I like to add to this one liner the possibility to replace the string " Project.lib" that found ( more then once in file ) with "Example.lib" how can I do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to show date/time of file the string was found in.

I've seen several examples of grep showing the filename the string was found in, but what I really need is grep to show the file details in long format (like ls -l would). scenario is: grep mobile_number todays_files This will show me the string I'm after & which files they turn up in, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodstock
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and print a string from the line below it

I know how to grep, copy and paste a string from a line. Now, what i want to do is to find a string and print a string from the line below it. To demonstrate: Name 1: ABC Age: 3 Sex: Male Name 2: DEF Age: 4 Sex: Male Output: 3 Male I know how to get "3". My biggest problem is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string and printing line after until another string has been found

Hello Everyone, I just started scripting this week. I have no background in programming or scripting. I'm working on a script to grep for a variable in a log file Heres what the log file looks like. The x's are all random clutter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx START: xxxxxxxxxxxx... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace with found string

Hi, I need to find all rows in 1st col of one file in another file (first occurrence) and replace the 1st col of first file with the grep result (the entire line). For example search AA from file 1 in file 2 and replace in file 1 by entire line found. File1 AA BB CC DD BB AA CC DDFile2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert line based on found string

Hi All I'm trying to insert a new line at the before each comment line in a file. Comment lines start with '#-----' there are other comments with in lines but I don't want a new line there. Example file: blah blah #do not insert here #this is a comment blah #some more #another comment... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to uppercase matching line when string found?

Hello, Could you please help me how to search the string in a file, and when found; change the existing line to uppercase in command line? I tried: ?whichcommand? -A "EXT" fileA | awk '{print tolower($0)}' | tee fileB tr command simply converts entire file to uppercase but this is not what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
DB2_EXEC(3)								 1							       DB2_EXEC(3)

db2_exec - Executes an SQL statement directly

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_exec (resource $connection, string $statement, [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
Executes an SQL statement directly. If you plan to interpolate PHP variables into the SQL statement, understand that this is one of the more common security exposures. Con- sider calling db2_prepare(3) to prepare an SQL statement with parameter markers for input values. Then you can call db2_execute(3) to pass in the input values and avoid SQL injection attacks. If you plan to repeatedly issue the same SQL statement with different parameters, consider calling db2_prepare(3) and db2_execute(3) to enable the database server to reuse its access plan and increase the efficiency of your database access. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid database connection resource variable as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). o $statement - An SQL statement. The statement cannot contain any parameter markers. o $options - An associative array containing statement options. You can use this parameter to request a scrollable cursor on database servers that support this functionality. For a description of valid statement options, see db2_set_option(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource if the SQL statement was issued successfully, or FALSE if the database failed to execute the SQL statement. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating a table with db2_exec(3) The following example uses db2_exec(3) to issue a set of DDL statements in the process of creating a table. <?php $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); // Create the test table $create = 'CREATE TABLE animals (id INTEGER, breed VARCHAR(32), name CHAR(16), weight DECIMAL(7,2))'; $result = db2_exec($conn, $create); if ($result) { print "Successfully created the table. "; } // Populate the test table $animals = array( array(0, 'cat', 'Pook', 3.2), array(1, 'dog', 'Peaches', 12.3), array(2, 'horse', 'Smarty', 350.0), array(3, 'gold fish', 'Bubbles', 0.1), array(4, 'budgerigar', 'Gizmo', 0.2), array(5, 'goat', 'Rickety Ride', 9.7), array(6, 'llama', 'Sweater', 150) ); foreach ($animals as $animal) { $rc = db2_exec($conn, "INSERT INTO animals (id, breed, name, weight) VALUES ({$animal[0]}, '{$animal[1]}', '{$animal[2]}', {$animal[3]})"); if ($rc) { print "Insert... "; } } ?> The above example will output: Successfully created the table. Insert... Insert... Insert... Insert... Insert... Insert... Insert... Example #2 Executing a SELECT statement with a scrollable cursor The following example demonstrates how to request a scrollable cursor for an SQL statement issued by db2_exec(3). <?php $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); $sql = "SELECT name FROM animals WHERE weight < 10.0 ORDER BY name"; if ($conn) { require_once('prepare.inc'); $stmt = db2_exec($conn, $sql, array('cursor' => DB2_SCROLLABLE)); while ($row = db2_fetch_array($stmt)) { print "$row[0] "; } } ?> The above example will output: Bubbles Gizmo Pook Rickety Ride Example #3 Returning XML data as an SQL ResultSet The following example demonstrates how to work with documents stored in a XML column using the SAMPLE database. Using some pretty simple SQL/XML, this example returns some of the nodes in a XML document in an SQL ResultSet format that most users are familiar with. <?php $conn = db2_connect("SAMPLE", "db2inst1", "ibmdb2"); $query = 'SELECT * FROM XMLTABLE( XMLNAMESPACES (DEFAULT 'http://posample.org'), 'db2-fn:xmlcolumn("CUSTOMER.INFO")/customerinfo' COLUMNS "CID" VARCHAR(50) PATH '@Cid', "NAME" VARCHAR(50) PATH 'name', "PHONE" VARCHAR(50) PATH 'phone [ @type = "work"]' ) AS T WHERE NAME = 'Kathy Smith' '; $stmt = db2_exec($conn, $query); while($row = db2_fetch_object($stmt)){ printf("$row->CID $row->NAME $row->PHONE "); } db2_close($conn); ?> The above example will output: 1000 Kathy Smith 416-555-1358 1001 Kathy Smith 905-555-7258 Example #4 Performing a "JOIN" with XML data The following example works with documents stored in 2 different XML columns in the SAMPLE database. It creates 2 temporary tables from the XML documents from 2 different columns and returns an SQL ResultSet with information regarding shipping status for the cus- tomer. <?php $conn = db2_connect("SAMPLE", "db2inst1", "ibmdb2"); $query = ' SELECT A.CID, A.NAME, A.PHONE, C.PONUM, C.STATUS FROM XMLTABLE( XMLNAMESPACES (DEFAULT 'http://posample.org'), 'db2-fn:xmlcolumn("CUSTOMER.INFO")/customerinfo' COLUMNS "CID" BIGINT PATH '@Cid', "NAME" VARCHAR(50) PATH 'name', "PHONE" VARCHAR(50) PATH 'phone [ @type = "work"]' ) as A, PURCHASEORDER AS B, XMLTABLE ( XMLNAMESPACES (DEFAULT 'http://posample.org'), 'db2-fn:xmlcolumn("PURCHASEORDER.PORDER")/PurchaseOrder' COLUMNS "PONUM" BIGINT PATH '@PoNum', "STATUS" VARCHAR(50) PATH '@Status' ) as C WHERE A.CID = B.CUSTID AND B.POID = C.PONUM AND A.NAME = 'Kathy Smith' $stmt = db2_exec($conn, $query); while($row = db2_fetch_object($stmt)){ printf("$row->CID $row->NAME $row->PHONE $row->PONUM $row->STATUS "); } db2_close($conn); ?> The above example will output: 1001 Kathy Smith 905-555-7258 5002 Shipped Example #5 Returning SQL data as part of a larger XML document The following example works with a portion of the PRODUCT.DESCRIPTION documents in the SAMPLE database. It creates a XML document containing product description (XML data) and pricing info (SQL data). <?php $conn = db2_connect("SAMPLE", "db2inst1", "ibmdb2"); $query = ' SELECT XMLSERIALIZE( XMLQUERY(' declare boundary-space strip; declare default element namespace "http://posample.org"; <promoList> { for $prod in $doc/product where $prod/description/price < 10.00 order by $prod/description/price ascending return( <promoitem> { $prod, <startdate> {$start} </startdate>, <enddate> {$end} </enddate>, <promoprice> {$promo} </promoprice> } </promoitem> ) } </promoList> ' passing by ref DESCRIPTION AS "doc", PROMOSTART as "start", PROMOEND as "end", PROMOPRICE as "promo" RETURNING SEQUENCE) AS CLOB(32000)) AS NEW_PRODUCT_INFO FROM PRODUCT WHERE PID = '100-100-01' $stmt = db2_exec($conn, $query); while($row = db2_fetch_array($stmt)){ printf("$row[0] "); } db2_close($conn); ?> The above example will output: <promoList xmlns="http://posample.org"> <promoitem> <product pid="100-100-01"> <description> <name>Snow Shovel, Basic 22 inch</name> <details>Basic Snow Shovel, 22 inches wide, straight handle with D-Grip</details> <price>9.99</price> <weight>1 kg</weight> </description> </product> <startdate>2004-11-19</startdate> <enddate>2004-12-19</enddate> <promoprice>7.25</promoprice> </promoitem> </promoList> SEE ALSO
db2_execute(3), db2_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_EXEC(3)