Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Screen Resolution Issue Of RedHat Linux In VMWARE Post 302547638 by anudeepkumar123 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 08:52:58 AM
Old 08-16-2011
yes Guest O.S Linux Is Running

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
Is the guest operating system running?

Hi ,
Yes Guest O.S Is Running

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Changing Screen Resolution

I have installed Solaris 10 over vmware onto my machine. Now when I want to change my screen resolution it only has one option which is 800x600. Is there a way to change that to a bigger resollution? And if there is, what file do I have to edit and what text editor do I have to use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Issue between Linux and RedHat (both on VMWare)

Hi All My first post so I hope it's ok. I have VMware workstation 5.0.0 build-13124 on an XP professional box. Within the VMware environment I have two virtual systems. The first is a Red Hat Linux (3.2.2-5) box and the second is an XP Home (sp2) box. When setting up both virtual boxes I set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The_Lo_King
1 Replies

3. Solaris

screen resolution

how to change screen resolution in CDE prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Screen resolution before and after login

system: Fedora14 on vmware the login screen resolution is 1024*768, but after login the resolution is 800*600. I want to set the login screen resolution as 800*600 too. How to do this? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to change screen Resolution?

Dear all I install Cent OS 5.5 ( Linux OS), with bshell and also Windows OS on the my laptop (ASUA) maximum screen resolution in Windows OS is 1024*760 but in Cent OS 5.5 is 800 *600, I have a program that is necessary to install on Cent OS and I have problem with other Linux distributions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Screen Resolution

Hi all. I have a very peculiar problem in Solaris 10. The output of the m64config -prconf command with regards the Card Adapter is the following. Card possible resolutions: 720x400x85, 640x480x60, 640x480x72, 640x480x75 800x600x56, 800x600x60, 800x600x72, 800x600x75, 1024x768x60 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxman
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Redhat LINUX 5 setting In VMWARE

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
2 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Redhat Linux 5 settings in VMWARE

I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or other desktop, Please help me what are the config setting needs to be modified We could connect through Router (Wifi) or network, also Without network since the server hosted on same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to configure in redhat linux on vmware?

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Redhat 7.2 on vmware issue

I have Dell laptop having windows 8 vmware workstation 9 redhat 7.2 After installation it only get me into text mode instead f GUI Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
4 Replies
PERF-KVM(1)							    perf Manual 						       PERF-KVM(1)

NAME
perf-kvm - Tool to trace/measure kvm guest os SYNOPSIS
perf kvm [--host] [--guest] [--guestmount=<path> [--guestkallsyms=<path> --guestmodules=<path> | --guestvmlinux=<path>]] {top|record|report|diff|buildid-list} perf kvm [--host] [--guest] [--guestkallsyms=<path> --guestmodules=<path> | --guestvmlinux=<path>] {top|record|report|diff|buildid-list|stat} 'perf kvm stat [record|report|live] [<options>] DESCRIPTION
There are a couple of variants of perf kvm: 'perf kvm [options] top <command>' to generates and displays a performance counter profile of guest os in realtime of an arbitrary workload. 'perf kvm record <command>' to record the performance counter profile of an arbitrary workload and save it into a perf data file. If both --host and --guest are input, the perf data file name is perf.data.kvm. If there is no --host but --guest, the file name is perf.data.guest. If there is no --guest but --host, the file name is perf.data.host. 'perf kvm report' to display the performance counter profile information recorded via perf kvm record. 'perf kvm diff' to displays the performance difference amongst two perf.data files captured via perf record. 'perf kvm buildid-list' to display the buildids found in a perf data file, so that other tools can be used to fetch packages with matching symbol tables for use by perf report. 'perf kvm stat <command>' to run a command and gather performance counter statistics. Especially, perf 'kvm stat record/report' generates a statistical analysis of KVM events. Currently, vmexit, mmio and ioport events are supported. 'perf kvm stat record <command>' records kvm events and the events between start and end <command>. And this command produces a file which contains tracing results of kvm events. 'perf kvm stat report' reports statistical data which includes events handled time, samples, and so on. 'perf kvm stat live' reports statistical data in a live mode (similar to record + report but with statistical data updated live at a given display rate). OPTIONS
-i, --input= Input file name. -o, --output Output file name. --host= Collect host side performance profile. --guest= Collect guest side performance profile. --guestmount=<path> Guest os root file system mount directory. Users mounts guest os root directories under <path> by a specific filesystem access method, typically, sshfs. For example, start 2 guest os. The one's pid is 8888 and the other's is 9999. #mkdir /guestmount; cd/guestmount #sshfs -o allow_other,direct_io -p 5551 localhost:/ 8888/ #sshfs -o allow_other,direct_io -p 5552 localhost:/ 9999/ #perf kvm --host --guest --guestmount=~/guestmount top --guestkallsyms=<path> Guest os /proc/kallsyms file copy. perf kvm' reads it to get guest kernel symbols. Users copy it out from guest os. --guestmodules=<path> Guest os /proc/modules file copy. perf kvm' reads it to get guest kernel module information. Users copy it out from guest os. --guestvmlinux=<path> Guest os kernel vmlinux. STAT REPORT OPTIONS
--vcpu=<value> analyze events which occures on this vcpu. (default: all vcpus) --event=<value> event to be analyzed. Possible values: vmexit, mmio, ioport. (default: vmexit) -k, --key=<value> Sorting key. Possible values: sample (default, sort by samples number), time (sort by average time). -p, --pid= Analyze events only for given process ID(s) (comma separated list). STAT LIVE OPTIONS
-d, --display Time in seconds between display updates -m, --mmap-pages= Number of mmap data pages. Must be a power of two. -a, --all-cpus System-wide collection from all CPUs. -p, --pid= Analyze events only for given process ID(s) (comma separated list). --vcpu=<value> analyze events which occures on this vcpu. (default: all vcpus) --event=<value> event to be analyzed. Possible values: vmexit, mmio, ioport. (default: vmexit) -k, --key=<value> Sorting key. Possible values: sample (default, sort by samples number), time (sort by average time). --duration=<value> Show events other than HLT that take longer than duration usecs. SEE ALSO
perf-top(1), perf-record(1), perf-report(1), perf-diff(1), perf-buildid-list(1), perf-stat(1) perf 06/30/2014 PERF-KVM(1)