Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the highest value(in negative) Post 302547535 by yazu on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 03:03:26 AM
Old 08-16-2011
Code:
awk '
!a[$1" "$2" "$3] || $4 > a[$1" "$2" "$3] { a[$1" "$2" "$3] = $4 } 
END { for (i in a) print i, a[i] }
' INPUTFILE

This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort with highest wc

Hi :) I'm a unix beginner and i've recently got an assignment to write up a script to print the most common IP address that made requests from a webserver. I'm really lost in this one...and if someone could pls tell me where to start i'll be really greatful ! thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ymf
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding line with highest number in a file

Hi All, My file looks some thing like this, File 1: - A 10 B 30 C 5 D 25 E 72 F 23 now my requirement is to find the line with highest number in it, i;e the result should be E 72 Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the most positive and negative value and defining its position

Hi, I have a file that looks like this: Jake 2 3 4 6 4 3 -2 -1 Jerry 1 2 3 2 1 7 -6 -1 Timmy -1 -4 -5 -8 9 3 1 I want to find the most positive and negative value for each row and also define its position (based on column #) So the output would look... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the highest number out

Hi Gurus, I've using HPUX B.11.23 U ia64 with shell = sh. I've been having some problem get the highest number of this script. Actually I wanted to get the highest number from this listing (TEST123 data and based on this highest number, there will be email being sent out. For example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash, finding highest number in another file

i have a problem i am working on and am completely new to bash commands. I writing a script to read another file and output the max and Min number in the script. I must use variables to output the max and min numbers. grades = file with numbers in them. This is what i got so far. Thank You in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctanner10126
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the key with highest value

print the key with highest value input a 10 a 20 a 30 b 2 b 3 b 1 output a 30 b 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script read highest value

Hi All, Can someone help steer me to the simplest approach to write a script that reads the second column of a csv file and returns the highest value. example file: DATE,QUANTITY Mon Apr 30 01:56:00 2012,42 Mon Apr 30 02:24:00 2012,72 Mon Apr 30 02:56:00 2012,102 Mon Apr 30 02:59:00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dekker74
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting highest value within a range

Within millions of lines of data, there are perhaps 20 "spikes" that are very narrow. I want only the highest value from each spike within a range of 10 rows. Possible? My data looks like this, 8 columns of integers, millions of rows. There are clear spikes when you graph columns. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: markymarkg123
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)