Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Total Count using AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Total Count using AWK Post 302547526 by sraj142 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 02:49:38 AM
Old 08-16-2011
Hi itkamaraj,

Big Thanks for your reply. One thing is happening here...

* Field 2 and 3 are not being displayed.

Any hint please ?

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

total count of inodes in a mount

is there Any command to get total count and number of free inodes on a mount. please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bogus Total count

I have a shell script that I am pulling different zip file packages and totaling how many of each type of package is in the directory. I get a bogus total count of one in the middle of my output file (highlighted in RED) and not sure why, also would like to get a grand total of all files but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

total count of a word in the files

Hi Friends, Need help regarding counting the word "friend" in files test1.txt and test2.txt. ( there is no gap/space between word ) cat test1.txt himynameisrajandiamfriendofrajeshfriend wouldyouliketobemyfriend. cat test2.txt himynameisdostandiamfriendofdostfriend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why sum of recs in awk don't match total rec count?

I'm using awk to determine if a field starting in position 604 for length of 10 is not equal to ALL spaces. It's searching several files which are in the current directory. The below awk indicates that there are 84 records on all files where this field IS NOT equal to ALL spaces ( there are 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjf
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In ls -l remove total count

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr i get 'total 10' like this along with files long listing. is there any option in ls command to remove this line or do we need use head -1 command only. $ls -ltr total 45 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 0 Jul 17 07:20 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 744 May 9 12:10 a -rw-r--r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count total image in directory

Dear all, I have a directory consisted of files in .jpg, .jpeg etc..all of them are image 20140411030143_62811159403_92886.jpg 5/11/2014 15:01 197K 20140415024737_62811618747_116460.jpg 4/15/2014 14:47 17K 20140415031003_62811618747_109192.jpg 4/17/2014 15:10 17K... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total count in each category for given file list

I have list of file names in filename.txt below is file format >>File1 _________________________ 01~12345~Y~YES~aaaaa~can 02~23456~N~NO~bbbbb~can . . . 99~23__________________________ Need to find total count from each file depending on specific string and add them to have total count... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshdrkr
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count total duplicates

Hi all, I have found another post threads talking about count duplicate lines, but I am interested in obtain the total number of duplicates. For example: #file.txt a1 a2 a1 a3 a1 a2 a4 a5 #out 3 (lines are duplicates) Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikloz
12 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)