Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Interesting Problem! 2 VIOs, One is problematic, assigning disks and resources from the other only Post 302547503 by aixromeo on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 01:50:31 AM
Old 08-16-2011
Well I am posting after a long time.. Sorry for the delay I guess I forgot.

Well the issue was resolved by the SAN team. They reallocated the LUNs.. The disks are up on all Lpars Smilie

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

An interesting problem

hi!, here is an interesting problem ..... I ftp a file named " my first file.doc" from windows to my HP workstation. Ftp is succesful. The file appears with the same name in my home directory.. But now how do I open this file?? while using Vi or More or other editor, they take only the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

interesting problem

After a server reboot for regular mainatanance we face the following situation: 1/ user accounts with ksh can't start the korn shell 2/ korn shell scripts do work however, if executed from bash 3/ normal users with bash can't run ksh 4/ root can run ksh 5/ if I switch the default shell to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

3. SCO

I have an interesting problem and need advice

We have an inhouse built application which handles our AR function. We'd like to email statements out of the application directly. My question is this is there a good, solid, command line driven, scriptable Mail Transport Agent that would allow us to send a semi unique email (with a statement and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maldain
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting problem

Hello, So I'm utilizing the bash brace expansion feature to checkout multiple folders from cvs with ease, while excluding certain subfolders within. So I do a command like this: cvs co trunk/{mod_a,mod_b,mod_c} \!trunk/{mod_a,mod_b,mod_c}/web to checkout modules trunk/mod_a , trunk/mod_b ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

interesting problem

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am glad to be a part of it. I have a problem that has two parts: 1/ extract just the timestamp from a filename: for example, I have a file called 'sales20080226144525.txt' and I want to extract just the '20080226144525' part out of it. 2/ Now, take that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

6. Programming

Interesting Problem About Incrementing ++

Here is my code: int startingPort = 200; string tempPort; stringstream out; out<<startingPort; tempPort = out.str(); //tempPort carries startingPort in string format //convert tempPort to *char - currentPort going to be passed into getaddrinfo() char currentPort;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Assigning cryptographic resources to the control domain

Sun documentation suggests that we need to assign cryptographic resources to the control domain as part of the initial configuration. I searched the documentation to better understand the purpose of this and know recommendation/limitation. I am doing this for Netra T5220 and wondering if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Very Interesting Problem

Ok Lets say i have a webpage on a solaris box. and i am trying to make a hyperlink. This hyperlink references a Microsoft Access file on a Windows box. So, How do i make a file reference from The unix box to a windows box. Things to keep in mind -- 1.) Solaris doesnt need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon002
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting awk problem

Hello; I wish to manipulate the output from the following: ps axo %mem,pid,euser,cmd|sort -nr 14.4 3170 root /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid -a 3.6 3635 root splunkd -p 8089 start 2.6 3383 root /usr/sbin/httpd 2.1 15496 apache /usr/sbin/httpd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Assigning disks to grid user Solaris 11

hello....am trying to install Oracle 11gR2 RAC on Solaris 11 using Oracle Virtualbox, am stucked somewhere when trying to assign disk to grid user......I created five disks of 5GB each for ASM, I formatted them successfully but when trying to assign them to grid user, there is no changes as still... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magwai
2 Replies
st_san_safe(5)							     OBSOLETED							    st_san_safe(5)

NAME
st_san_safe - determine whether access to tape device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option is allowed (OBSOLETED) VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values or DESCRIPTION
Note: this tunable is obsoleted and has been renamed to beginning with release HP-UX 11i v3. This tunable notifies the tape driver whether it should allow access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. When this tunable is on the tape driver will fail any open on a tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option (that is, or with a status of The tunable allows the safe sharing of tape devices in SAN tape backup solution configurations. The disabling of device special files without no-rewind-on-close in a SAN tape backup solution configuration prevents the accidental sending of a rewind command on close from HP-UX systems via standard tape commands like which would corrupt a backup in process. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if the system is going to be used in a SAN tape backup solution configuration. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? The tape driver will fail any open to a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option with a status of This behavior prevents the usage of any tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? This tunable should be turned off if the system is not part of a SAN tape backup solution configuration or the system utilizes will not function unless it has access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? A rewind may be issued from this system accidentally on close possibly corrupting a backup being issued from another system on the SAN. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
norewind_close_disabled(5), scsi_tape(7), scsimgr_estape(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters st_san_safe(5)