Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris Date in different language Post 302547455 by dude2cool on Monday 15th of August 2011 08:09:19 PM
Old 08-15-2011
Great job Smilie and thanks for sharing the solution for others to learn.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find solaris os installation date

Hi.. i need to find when solaris os is last installed in server? Is there any command or log files to find installation date (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadivukumar
6 Replies

2. Solaris

date -d nightmare on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Shell scripting forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date -d compatibility on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Solaris forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Add language en_US Solaris 10

Hello, I have a Sun Solaris 10 installs by default in French. I do not have CDs of the OS installation. I have a program use the language en_US. At connection language chosen is C (en_USxxxx not available) I open a console $ LANG C if LANG = en_US I get "could not set correctly local" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XRay
2 Replies

5. Solaris

date -d illegal option in Solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to run date -d option in Solaris? Do we have a work around so that -d option will be recognized by solaris as it is recognized by linux. I need this since i am using this in scripting and it works in Linux box. my problem is it doesn't work in solaris box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date in Solaris

Hi, I am working on date operations in perl. using following code, I am getting today date as per my required format. my $date1 = `date '+%m/%d/%Y'`; can I find day+1 date. (ie. If today is 12/01/2009 then I want to edit above code t find 12/02/2009) ---------- Post updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Date is changed after rebooting Solaris OS.

Hi, I have set the date on solaris system , but the the date is changed after rebooting the system . I was suspecting that it could sync with ntp server , so i disabled the NTP and checked, but still whenever i reboot the system , the date that i set is getting changed, Any idea how to come out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thavamaniraja
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Yesterday's date on Sun solaris

Can someone help me with the command to get yesterday's date on Sun solaris?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris container date diference

Hi people, I dont have a real problem, its also a so strange issue. When i connect to my system from a ssh session or telnet normaly from putty and execute the command "date" its show me the correctly time in BRT format for root and all other users. But when i connect from the global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Date format help please

I have list of dates in a file. Am reading each line and trying to format date, Can you please help me ? Sample file content: 02/22/16 USA is great country 02/21/16 USA future 02/23/16 who is he I want to read each line from above file and format date as below 2016-02-21 (i.e., using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prince1987
1 Replies
geocustoms(1M)															    geocustoms(1M)

NAME
geocustoms - configure system language on multi-language systems SYNOPSIS
locale] DESCRIPTION
The command manages default selection of multiple languages installed on "ignited" (Instant Ignition) systems. In subsequent sessions, invoking the command starts When invoked with no options, runs interactively with a terminal interface. Options Non-interactively set the parameter. To view all locales available on the system, run If the locale argument is not a valid option for the sys- tem, an error message is issued and the terminal user interface (also known as TUI or UI) appears, as if the option were not used. If the argument to the option is locale parameters are set to by default. A null locale causes programs to execute without using localized message catalogs, which can increase system performance. All HP-UX messages appear in English if the locale is set to The command must be invoked by a user with appropriate privilege. If is invoked directly by the user, it might be necessary to log out and login again for language changes to take effect. RETURN VALUE
Successful completion and/or clean exit from command. Command unable to complete all objectives. DIAGNOSTICS
Standard Output The non-interactive command does not write to EXAMPLES
To set the default system language non-interactively to German: DEPENDENCIES
Limitations The command does not do the following: o Manage languages at the codeset level. o Manage keyboard selection. o Create or remove locale definitions. o Provide a special interface for restoring or adding languages to the system from depots or media. FILES
The command itself. System configuration files modified by AUTHOR The command was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
locale(1), setlocale(3C). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
(SPEC1170 and XPG4). geocustoms(1M)