Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris Date in different language Post 302547444 by bratan on Monday 15th of August 2011 04:55:11 PM
Old 08-15-2011
I think I found a solution.
I edited /etc/default/init and added this:
LC_CTYPE=US.ISO8859-1
LC_NUMERIC=US.ISO8859-1
LC_TIME=US.ISO8859-1
LC_COLLATE=US.ISO8859-1
LC_MONETARY=US.ISO8859-1
LC_MESSAGES=US.ISO8859-1
LC_ALL=US.ISO8859-1

Rebooted, and now everything seems to be fine.
locale command shows:
LANG=
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=US.ISO8859-1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find solaris os installation date

Hi.. i need to find when solaris os is last installed in server? Is there any command or log files to find installation date (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadivukumar
6 Replies

2. Solaris

date -d nightmare on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Shell scripting forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date -d compatibility on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Solaris forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Add language en_US Solaris 10

Hello, I have a Sun Solaris 10 installs by default in French. I do not have CDs of the OS installation. I have a program use the language en_US. At connection language chosen is C (en_USxxxx not available) I open a console $ LANG C if LANG = en_US I get "could not set correctly local" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XRay
2 Replies

5. Solaris

date -d illegal option in Solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to run date -d option in Solaris? Do we have a work around so that -d option will be recognized by solaris as it is recognized by linux. I need this since i am using this in scripting and it works in Linux box. my problem is it doesn't work in solaris box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date in Solaris

Hi, I am working on date operations in perl. using following code, I am getting today date as per my required format. my $date1 = `date '+%m/%d/%Y'`; can I find day+1 date. (ie. If today is 12/01/2009 then I want to edit above code t find 12/02/2009) ---------- Post updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Date is changed after rebooting Solaris OS.

Hi, I have set the date on solaris system , but the the date is changed after rebooting the system . I was suspecting that it could sync with ntp server , so i disabled the NTP and checked, but still whenever i reboot the system , the date that i set is getting changed, Any idea how to come out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thavamaniraja
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Yesterday's date on Sun solaris

Can someone help me with the command to get yesterday's date on Sun solaris?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris container date diference

Hi people, I dont have a real problem, its also a so strange issue. When i connect to my system from a ssh session or telnet normaly from putty and execute the command "date" its show me the correctly time in BRT format for root and all other users. But when i connect from the global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Date format help please

I have list of dates in a file. Am reading each line and trying to format date, Can you please help me ? Sample file content: 02/22/16 USA is great country 02/21/16 USA future 02/23/16 who is he I want to read each line from above file and format date as below 2016-02-21 (i.e., using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prince1987
1 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)