Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line Post 302547226 by ded325 on Sunday 14th of August 2011 09:45:40 PM
Old 08-14-2011
need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line

Dear Friends
could u pls help me on this .
how to mount DVD rom in command line in aix?

THanks
DD

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DVD-ROM on Solaris 2.6

Netra T1 running Solaris 2.6 with following DVD installed: c0t6d0 Soft Errors: 131 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: TOSHIBA Product: DVD-ROM SD-M1401 Revision: 1007 I know the cdrw command isn't in Solaris until version 8 and DVD is suppose to be udfs (not supported... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

2. Solaris

external DVD-ROM drive for our datacentre

Hi there In our Data centre we have a mixture of SPARCS running from v100 and ultra10's to v800 and v1250 boxes we also have a large amount of x86 X2100 and X4100 boxes I am looking to purchase an external DVD-ROM drive that we can plug into the back of any of the boxes if we need to (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Enterprise 4500 DVD-ROM

Hello, We have a Sun Enterprise 4500. I checked the product manual from SUN's site and it says it has a DVD-ROM. I downloaded Solaris 10 DVD image and burned it to a DVD and put it into the box but I don't see anyting in the /cdrom folder. Is there a command I can use to confirm if I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All, I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. :( Any idea please. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afakhim
4 Replies

5. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Verify DVD Rom?

Hi All, I'm a total noob when it comes to troubleshooting Sun hardware issues, however, I've been tasked with just a task. How can I verify if the DVD rom is working in a Sun system? We've put in the dvd, but can't do anything. This is from command line. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

7. Solaris

V210 USB Dvd Rom

Is there anyway to get a USB DVD ROM to work on a V210/V240/V440 SPARC systems for initial installation? I'm drawing a blank and I can't seem to find any documentation on this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Ultra 5 will not boot from DVD ROM :(

Hi, I just got a new Ultra 5 and replaced the CD-ROM with an LG DVD-ROM (approved and listed in Sun HCL). Got the DVD-ROM installed to install Solaris 10. Im just learning and new to Solaris installation. When I insert a Solaris 10 DVD I see that it gets mounted and File Manager opens and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greypilgrim
8 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
1 Replies

10. Hardware

inability to use cd rom or dvd burner

Here is my conundrum . I am unable to access my cd or dvd after I supposedly alter the BIOS setting to enable a "Live" CD or DVD to be used. Would ,changing the Hard Drive or Motherboard remedy the situation. Thanking you, katosan:wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katosan
2 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)