Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving from .cshrc to .bashrc Post 302547212 by h@foorsa.biz on Sunday 14th of August 2011 06:27:09 PM
Old 08-14-2011
post your .bashrc here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshrc

where are my .cshrc files ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to specify header directory in .cshrc

in my .cshrc file, i can set my library files directory like this : setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/openwin/lib" now i want to specify my header files directory. please teach how to set it and what/how is the syntax thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.cshrc and .login overwritten !!

Hi, My account is : abcd I belong to a group: pqrs Some thing straneg happened yesterday. My .cshrc and .login got overwritten into pqrs's .cshrc and .login I obviously did not explicitly overwrite pqrs's .cshrc. Are there any reasons how this could have happened indirectly due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjthomas
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.cshrc flie help

How can I set up my .cshrc file to do as the posix shell does the escape+k to scroll my command history Thanks Oh BTW, Hi I'm new to the forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lefty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in .cshrc

what kind of information is there .cshrc ? I want to set an alias in the form of =>#alias setprompt 'set prompt=">>$user<<@`hostname`:${cwd}% "' Ex. alias pr 'cd /home/username' when I make the change and try to do $pr ... its saying pr: command not found Is there any way I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flags inside .cshrc

Hi, I use a specific utility in my .cshrc for setting up the right fonts and I believe it's sufficient to run it once for a whole session. Since I have sourced it in my .cshrc, it runs every time I do a source of .cshrc or invoke every new terminal. To resolve this issue, I thought of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI

What does ' @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI ' mean? Can someone please deconstruct and explain the parts? # @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMIIt is at the top of a the .cshrc of a new Solaris account I am working on. I am familiar with using the first line of a script for setting the program/shell to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgrirx
2 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
RECON(1)							     LAM TOOLS								  RECON(1)

NAME
recon - Check if LAM can be started. SYNTAX
recon [-abdhv] [<bhost>] OPTIONS
-a Report all host errors. -b Assume local and remote shell are the same. This means that only one remote shell invocation is used to each node. If -b is not used, two remote shell invocations are used to each node. -d Turn on debugging. -h Print the command help menu. -v Be verbose. DESCRIPTION
In order for LAM to be started on a remote UNIX machine, several requirements have to be fulfilled: 1) The machine must be reachable via the network. 2) The user must be able to remotely execute on the machine with the default remote shell program that was chosen when LAM was config- ured. This is usually rsh(1), but any remote shell program is acceptable (such as ssh(1), etc.). Note that remote host permission must be configured such that the remote shell program will not ask for a password when a command is invoked on remote host. 3) The remote user's shell must have a search path that will locate LAM executables. 4) The remote shell's startup file must not print anything to standard error when invoked non-interactively. If any of these requirements is not met for any machine declared in <bhost>, LAM will not be able to start. By running recon first, the user will be able to quickly identify and correct problems in the setup that would inhibit LAM from starting. The local machine where recon is invoked must be one of the machines specified in <bhost>. The <bhost> file is a LAM boot schema written in the host file syntax. See bhost(5). Instead of the command line, a boot schema can be specified in the LAMBHOST environment variable. Otherwise a default file, bhost.def, is used. LAM seaches for <bhost> first in the local directory and then in the installation directory under etc/. recon tests each machine defined in <bhost> by attempting to execute on it the tkill(1) command using its "pretend" option (no action is taken). This test, if successful, indicates that all the requirements listed above are met, and thus LAM can be started on the machine. If the attempt is successful, the next machine is checked. In case the attempt fails, a descriptive error message is displayed and recon stops unless the -a option is used, in which case recon continues checking the remaining machines. If recon takes a long time to finish successfully, this will be a good indication to the user that the LAM system to be started has slow communication links or heavily loaded machines, and it might be preferable to exclude or replace some of the machines in the system. Remote shell invocation Note that the default remote shell command can be overriden at invocation time with the LAMRSH environment variable. The LAMRSH environ- ment variable can be set with a new command and optional command line arguments. For example, the 1.x series of ssh clients require the -x flag to be specified to suppress standard ssh information from being sent to the standard error (which would cause recon to fail). For example (for the C shell and its derrivates): setenv LAMRSH "ssh -x" Normally, recon uses two remote shell invocations to each node. The first remote shell invocation is used to determine the user's shell on the remote node. The second remote shell invocation is used to launch the desired LAM binary on the remote node. If the -b switch is used, recon will assume that the user's shell on all remote nodes is the same as it is on the local node, and therefore only one remote shell invocation is used, which is noticably faster. In either case, on remote nodes, if the user's shell is not csh, tcsh, or bash, .profile is invoked by LAM before invoking any LAM binary. This allows the user to setup paths and any necessary environment before LAM binaries are invoked (csh and tcsh users can put such setup in their $HOME/.cshrc or $HOME/.tcshrc files; bash users can put this setup in their $HOME/.bashrc file). FILES
$LAMHOME/etc/lam-bhost.def default boot schema file EXAMPLES
recon -v mynodes Check if LAM can be started on all the UNIX machines described in the boot schema mynodes. Report about important steps as they are done. recon -v -a Check if LAM can be started on all the UNIX machines described in the default boot schema. Report about important steps as they are done. Check all the machines; do not stop after the first error message. SEE ALSO
rsh(1), tkill(1), bhost(5), lamboot(1), wipe(1), lam-helpfile(5) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 RECON(1)