Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Re: How To Run Shell Script
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Re: How To Run Shell Script Post 302547136 by anudeepkumar123 on Sunday 14th of August 2011 08:12:10 AM
Old 08-14-2011
Re: How To Run Shell Script

Hi ,

I Have Installed Red Hat Linux 5(Guest O.S) In Vmware And Host O.S Is Windows 7 .I Am Unable To Run Script File In It Is Giving Error E32: No File Name.For All Basic Commands It's Working
Fine Like Cat ,Cmp.,etc .
I Logging As Root User And Working Under The Directory I Am Using KSH Shell .

This Are The Steps I Am Following For Creating A Script .

1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor )

2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh)
#!bin\kash
date

3) !wq Smilie Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below Error E32:No File Name

Thanks&Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Run a shell script from Perl script in Parent shell?

Hi Perl/UNIX experts, I have a problem in running a shell script from my perl script (auto.pl). I run the perl script using perl auto.pl from the shell prompt The shell script picks the files in "input" folder and procesess it. The shell script blue.sh has this code. export... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hifake
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to make a shell script run for ffmpeg vhook watermaking in shell

i have a small problem getting a batxh shell script to run in shell this is the code the problem seems to be centered around the ffmpeg command, something maybe to do with the ' ' wrapping around the vhook part command this is a strange problem , if i take the ffmpeg command and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmds after changing to a new env (shell) in a shell script

Hi, I am using HP-UNIX. I have a requirement as below I have to change env twice like: cadenv <env> cadenv <env> ccm start -d /dbpath ccm tar -xvf *.tar ccm rcv .... mv *.tar BACKUP but after I do the first cadenv <env> , I am unable to execute any of the later commands . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlei
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[How To?] Run shell script and get output into another shell.

Hi guys, I have a simple question, I want to store the output of the following command: As you can see it is running all the time, and we get a new line every 3sec. I just want to store these new lines into a single variable, so I can use it into a script. To clear the screen, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thireus
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
Test::Script::Run(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Test::Script::Run(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script::Run - test the script with run SYNOPSIS
use Test::Script::Run; # customized names of bin dirs, default is qw/bin sbin script ./; @Test::Script::Run::BIN_DIRS = qw/bin/; run_ok( 'app_name', [ app's args ], 'you_app runs ok' ); my ( $return, $stdout, $stderr ) = run_script( 'app_name', [ app's args ] ); run_output_matches( 'app_name', [app's args], [ 'out line 1', 'out line 2' ], [ 'err line 1', 'err line 2' ], 'run_output_matches' ); run_output_matches_unordered( 'app_name', [ app's args ], [ 'out line 2', 'out line 1' ], [ 'err line 2', 'err line 1' ], 'run_output_matches_unordered' ); DESCRIPTION
This module exports some subs to help test and run scripts in your dist's bin/ directory, if the script path is not absolute. Nearly all the essential code is stolen from Prophet::Test, we think subs like those should live below "Test::" namespace, that's why we packed them and created this module. FUNCTIONS
run_script($script, $args, $stdout, $stderr) Runs the script $script as a perl script, setting the @INC to the same as our caller. $script is the name of the script to be run (such as 'prophet'). $args is a reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script. $stdout and $stderr are both optional; if passed in, they will be passed to IPC::Run3's run3 subroutineA as its $stdout and $stderr args. Otherwise, this subroutine will create scalar references to pass to run3 instead (which are treated as strings for STDOUT/STDERR to be written to). Returns run3's return value and, if no $stdout and $stderr were passed in, the STDOUT and STDERR of the script that was run. run_ok($script, $args, $msg) Runs the script, checking that it didn't error out. $script is the name of the script to be run (e.g. 'prophet'). $args is an optional reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script when it is run. $msg is an optional message to print with the test. If $args is not specified, you can still pass in a $msg. Returns nothing of interest. run_not_ok($script, $args, $msg) opposite of run_ok get_perl_cmd($script, @ARGS) Returns a list suitable for passing to "system", "exec", etc. If you pass $script then we will search upwards for it in @BIN_DIRS is_script_output($scriptname @args, @stdout_match, @stderr_match, $msg) Runs $scriptname, checking to see that its output matches. $args is an array reference of args to pass to the script. $stdout_match and $stderr_match are references to arrays of expected lines. $msg is a string message to display with the test. $stderr_match and $msg are optional. (As is $stdout_match if for some reason you expect your script to have no output at all. But that would be silly, wouldn't it?) Allows regex matches as well as string equality (lines in $stdout_match and $stderr_match may be Regexp objects). run_output_matches($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) A wrapper around is_script_output that also checks to make sure the test runs without throwing an exception. run_output_matches_unordered($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) This subroutine has exactly the same functionality as run_output_matches, but doesn't impose a line ordering when comparing the expected and received outputs. last_script_stdout return last script's stdout last_script_stderr return last script's stderr last_script_exit_code return last script's exit code DEPENDENCIES
Test::More, Test::Exception, IPC::Run3, File::Basename, File::Spec BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-07 Test::Script::Run(3pm)