Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loading ".cfg" file from different directory Post 302547079 by Sekullos on Saturday 13th of August 2011 06:47:33 PM
Old 08-13-2011
It's more like that :

In function.cfg i have for exemple :

Code:
ConfirmOrExit()

{
while true 
   do
   echo -n "Confirmez-vous l'extraction des données depuis $PWD vers $Destination? (o/n) : "
read CONFIRM  
  case $CONFIRM in
         o|O|oui|OUI|Oui|Y|y|YES|yes|Yes)                                                 # Choix oui
         echo
         echo "===================================================================="
         echo " Début de l'extraction vers $Destination"
         echo "===================================================================="
         echo   
         break 

;; n|N|non|NON|Non|no|NO|No)                                                      # Choix non
         echo 
         echo "################################"
         echo "# Annulation par l'utilisateur #"
         echo "################################"
         echo 
         exit      

;; *) echo "Mauvais choix : (o/n)"                                                # Mauvaise réponse
      esac 
   done 
}

And in my script.sh I only have

Code:
#!/bin/sh

. ./function.cfg
MYVAR=value

ConfirmOrExit       #calling function from function.cfg

command1
command2

This only works if i have both files in the same directory.
I want to put my function .cfg in "../cfg" put the script won't load it. How can i make that happen?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When loading Linux "loading please wait.." then nothing?

Hi everyone, I have a problem but I have never installed a separate OS before so my lingo and understanding may not be as good as some of you. I will try and explain my problem best I can. I am trying to instead of loading Windows 7 when my computer starts up, for it to start linux specifically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markhow30
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)

NAME
devscripts.conf - configuration file for the devscripts package DESCRIPTION
The devscripts package provides a collection of scripts which may be of use to Debian developers and others wishing to build Debian pack- ages. Many of these have options which can be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. Every script in the devscripts package which makes use of values from these configuration files describes the specific settings recognised in its own manpage. (For a list of the scripts, either see /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz or look at the output of dpkg -L devscripts | grep /usr/bin.) The two configuration files are /etc/devscripts.conf for system-wide defaults and ~/.devscripts for per-user settings. They are written with bash(1) syntax, but should only have comments and simple variable assignments in them; they are both sourced (if present) by many of the devscripts scripts. Variables corresponding to simple switches should have one of the values yes and no; any other setting is regarded as equivalent to the default setting. All variable names are written in uppercase, and begin with the script name. Package-wide variables begin with "DEVSCRIPTS", and are listed below, as well as in the relevant manpages. For a list of all of the available options variables, along with their default settings, see the example configuration file /usr/share/doc/devscripts/devscripts.conf.ex. This is copied to /etc/devscripts.conf when the devscripts package is first installed. Information about configuration options introduced in newer versions of the package will be appended to /etc/devscripts.conf when the pack- age is upgraded. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using --no-conf as the first command-line option. PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: DEVSCRIPTS_CHECK_DIRNAME_LEVEL, DEVSCRIPTS_CHECK_DIRNAME_REGEX These variables control scripts which change directory to find a debian/changelog file or suchlike, and some other miscellaneous cases. In order to prevent unwanted, even possibly dangerous, behaviour, these variables control when actions will be performed. The scripts which currently make use of these variables are: debc, debchange/dch, debclean, debi, debrelease, debuild and uscan, but this list may change with time (and I may not remember to update this manpage). Please see the manpages of individual scripts for details of the specific behaviour for each script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1) and /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz. AUTHOR
This manpage was written for the devscripts package by the package maintainer Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)