Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I mount a new disk on ubuntu linux? Post 302547054 by dude2cool on Saturday 13th of August 2011 10:07:59 AM
Old 08-13-2011
Please post output from:

Code:
sudo fdisk -l

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Second Disk

Anyone, I am trying to mount a second hard drive on a sunfire V120 w/solaris 5.8. I took this hard drive from another system because I deleted some files off that system and I want to mount it to another system so I can copy the file back onto the system. I really have no other means of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy101
2 Replies

2. Linux

I want to mount my disk forever

Hi guys! I've just mounted my drive in fstab: /dev/sdb /myfolder ext3 defaults 0 0 and rebooted linux. I've got severel failers during booting process and also I can't login as root first time: login: root password:root incorrect login login:user password: user ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junior Admin
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mount NCR Unix disk on Linux box

Hi all I have an NCR UNIX hard disk I need to mount it on a Linux box The FS Type in fdisk on linux is '63' for the partition How can i mount on my linux box ? what is kernel module i needed ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yasser202
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Please help me.how to mount another disk

So. My system have 2 solaris10 machine but system disk of machine 1 data crash.I bring the system disk of machine 1 install on machine2 for get data from disk machine1 but I can't mount disk. because msg is bash-3.00# mount /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 /mnt mount: /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 is not this fstype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to mount ext4 filesystem (created from Ubuntu) in Solaris 11

Hello everyone, I am trying to mount an ext4 filesystem which I created from Ubuntu. But mount command fails saying: prakhar@Solaris:~$ sudo mount /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 /mnt Password: mount: /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 is not this fstype And I also tried this: prakhar@Solaris:~$ fstyp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prakhar Mishra
6 Replies
PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)

NAME
pbuilder-dist-simple - simple multi-release pbuilder wrapper SYNOPSIS
pbuilder-<dist> operation [...] DESCRIPTION
pbuilder-dist-simple is a wrapper that makes it easy to use pbuilder with chroots for many different Ubuntu distributions. If you need more features than pbuilder-dist-simple provides, have a look at pbuilder-dist(1). USAGE
Create one symlink to pbuilder-dist-simple for each distribution for which you want a build environment, naming them like "pbuilder-lucid", "pbuilder-natty", etc. Replace operation with the action you want pbuilder-dist-simple to do (create, update, build, clean, login or execute). EXAMPLES
pbuilder-natty create Creates a pbuilder environment for Ubuntu Natty. pbuilder-lucid update Updates an existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. pbuilder-lucid build ./sample_1.0-0ubuntu1.dsc Builds the specified package on an already existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. FILES
By default, pbuilder-dist-simple will store all the files it generates in ~/pbuilder/. This can be changed by modifying the BASE_DIR value on the top of the script to any other directory you want. If the directory doesn't exit, it will be created at runtime. SEE ALSO
pbuilder(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-dist(1) AUTHORS
pbuilder-dist was originally written by Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> and Jordan Mantha <mantha@ubuntu.com>, and this man- page by Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools February 25, 2008 PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)