Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to learn Solaris?
Operating Systems Solaris How to learn Solaris? Post 302547009 by shefali.sun on Saturday 13th of August 2011 04:44:54 AM
Old 08-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
so you have to configure this interface... start with:

Code:
# ifconfig e1000g0 plumb

It says it is already configured

ifconfig: SIOCSLIFNAME for ip: e1000g0: already exists

Anything else that I can try Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to Learn About HP-UX

can someone give me the link to any site that deals on HP-UX system administration?? Please do not refer me to buy or borrow any books, i just need a free site to learn some quick info from (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to learn!

Hiya, yes im new to all of this! But want to learn how to use Unix etc, iv been thinking about doin a course but desided im better off learning by my self with help from the people who really no what there doin...you guys! I can install Linux, like redhat, mandrake, susie server edition and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: epic.admin
5 Replies

3. Programming

Learn C or C++

Hi, Apologies if this question has been asked before. I would like to know which language is better to learn in terms of programming in unix? is C dying out and being replaced by C++ or is it a combination of the 2 or just mainly C? Thanks C19 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

4. Solaris

"learn" unix training for solaris.

Hey everybody I just wanted to throw something into the gears here. The first UNIX system I used was an IBM RS/6000 POWER Server 370h I believe, running AIX 3.2, I think (its been some time). On this System V machine was a learning facility called "learn" which taught basic shell operation and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultra0384
0 Replies

5. Solaris

can someone provide me with url or document to learn solaris commands easily???

HEllo guys, If somebody knowing the url or a document then please reply me i am in need of most useful solaris commands its really urgent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want to Learn HP-UX!

What's the best free system to learn HP-UX on? The closest system, hardware requirements and installation instructions. I'm a newbie but determined. Any tips would be great. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: networkguy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

basic learn solaris

Hi guys ini unix forum i newbie in solaris world, is there anyone know or have the guide or link give me understanding about solaris from basic and how to begin learning solaris system thank to all people in unix forun cheers audi_99 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audi_99
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to learn

Hi I know only basics of UNIX and i want to know that how can i become a good troubleshooter in unix adminstartion or shell scripting.... i am just a newbie to Unix ..i do not have programming skills as well. Your suggestions are welecomed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynitin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

newbie - learn Solaris 10 or 11?

Hello, I looking for becoming a Solaris system administrator. Background: I consider myself an entry-level Linux system administrator. I don't know if I start my studies with Solaris 10 or 11. Maybe Solaris 11 because it's the new thing and the future, and Solaris 10 because since Solaris is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertoridolfi
2 Replies
EF(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     EF(4)

NAME
ef -- pseudo-device driver providing support for multiple Ethernet frame types SYNOPSIS
device ef DESCRIPTION
The ef pseudo-device driver clones each Ethernet type device with four additional interfaces. Each of them is capable to send or receive only one predefined frame type. Names for the new interfaces are created by adding a fN suffix to an existing device name. Where N is a device unit which can have one of the following values: 0 interface with an Ethernet_II frame 1 interface with a Novell Ethernet_802.3 frame 2 interface with an Ethernet_802.2 frame 3 interface with an Ethernet_802.2/SNAP frame support. For example, device ed0 will be populated with four devices: ed0f0, ed0f1, ed0f2 and ed0f3. After that, each device can be configured as usual: # ifconfig ed0f1 ipx 0x105 This will configure IPX protocol with network number 0x105 and Ethernet_802.3 frame type. Please note that it is impossible to configure the IPX protocol on the parent ed0 device after the if_ef.ko driver has been loaded. If the parent interface is not configured for any other protocol (IP for example), subinterfaces will not function. To avoid that, the par- ent interface should be manually marked as ``up'': # ifconfig ed0 up EXAMPLES
The ef driver can be loaded via the loader.conf(5) file: if_ef_load="YES" In this case, ordinary interface configuration commands can be used in the rc.conf(5) file: network_interfaces="ed2 lo0 tun0 ed2f0 ed2f1" ifconfig_ed2f0_ipx="ipx 0x101" ifconfig_ed2f1_ipx="ipx 0x102" DIAGNOSTICS
None. CAVEATS
Avoid to configure the parent Ethernet device for the IPX protocol, after the ef driver is loaded. SEE ALSO
ipx(3), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
June 20, 1999 BSD