Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting a type of file in a directory immediately it occurs Post 302546981 by dude2cool on Friday 12th of August 2011 05:20:04 PM
Old 08-12-2011
Try this, I could not get yours to run for some reason:

Code:
#!/bin/bash -x
inotifywait -m -e create /$HOME/ext/cbe/output/pps/normal/temp|while read line
do
if [[ $line =~ "csv" ]]
then
rm *.csv
fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem deleting date-time stamped file in a directory

I have a number of files of the format filename.xfr_mmddyy_%H%M%S which i get in a specified directory daily. Now i want to search in the specified directory & delete the files which are more than 2 days old .So I use a command find $DIR/backup/* -ctime +2 -exec rm -f {} \; But after executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting files by type (symbolic links)

How do I delete just the symbolic links in a directory? I have files that I wish to keep that have similar names, length and date/time. Can I use file size? Thanks kyle (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryan_toolboy
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting the file except one type of file

I need the unix command which is used to delete the file except one the of file format. example: In folder a.txt b.txt c.prn d.st g.lg Output : except .st files remaining all are deleted from the folder. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the file only to all the directory and sub directory

I need the unix command or shell script to delete all the file in current directory and sub directory. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract 7 characters immediately after text '19' from a large file.

Hi All!! I have a large file containing millions of record. My purpose is to extract 7 characters immediately after text '19' from this file (including text '19') and save the result in new file. So, my OUTPUT would be as under : 191234561 194567894 192789005 198839408 and so on..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting older files of a particular type

hi This should be easy but i'm obviously missing something obvious. :) I'm looking to delete files from yesterday and older of extension .txt and there a range of subfolders with these files in them. The command runs but doesn't delete anything. SUSE 10. find /testfolder -maxdepth 2 -type f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmap
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the oldest file in a directory

Hey! I have found similar posts both here and on other sites regarding this, but I cannot seem to get my script to work. I want to delete the oldest file in a test directory if there are more than two files. My script is currently: #!/bin/bash MEPATH=/usr/local/bin/test FILECOUNT=`ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Immolation
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all files recursively from directories while ignoring one file type

Hi, Seems like I need help again with a problem: I want to delete all files from my lets say "Music" Directory inkluding all of the subfolders except for .mp3 and .MP3 files. I tried it with globalignoring mp3 files, finding and deleting all other files, which resulted in all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a directory and zipping another directory

Hi Folks, I have a directory in unix that is /usr/local/pos contain the folowing directoreis ..that is dir1 dir2 dir3 now I want to delete only dir2 please advise how to remove the directory dir 2 ..that is rm command and how to use it , and second if I want to zip the dir3 please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory immediately after the pattern dir name

Hi, From below directories path I need the directory which comes immediately after the "DataPath" /var/errors/LogDefaultPath/DataPath/Data01/Data02 (Directory name "Data01" is the result from this path) /var/errors/LogDefaultPath/DataPath/Log01/Log0202 (Directory name "Log01" is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yuvaan12
4 Replies
obd2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2csv(1)

NAME
obd2csv - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files SYNOPSIS
obd2csv [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .csv file -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -s|--start <time> Only dump rows more recent than this -e|--end <time> Only dump rows older than this -z|--gzip gzip compress output using zlib [if available] -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2kml(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2csv(1)