Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Shell Script - Can anyone help Pls Post 302546929 by pludi on Friday 12th of August 2011 01:40:05 PM
Old 08-12-2011
If you had used [CODE] tags, the first reply probably would have been that the token ending a here-doc (in your case it's always EOF) has to start on the very first character of the line, even when enclosed in backticks.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value from shell script to .pls file

I have a shell script which takes at the command prompt options like ss1.sh -F SCOTT -T JOHN F- From User T- To User I want to pass the From User(SCOTT) Value to another script ss2.pls (This script runs a PL/SQL Program). Depending on the FromUser value in the ss1.sh script i have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script couldn't be executed. Pls help!

I have wrriten a script to call sql script to do some work in database. However, the script couldn't be executed. The only information was: ksh: ./updt_attrib.ksh cannot execute. Please help me to identify where the problem is. I post script here for your reference. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/ksh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Requirements pls

Moderators note: This user has been banned for persistent rule breaking despite being warned that this would be the result. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt1ect
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cp script error, pls help in debugging!!!!

Hi all, I searched to find out a few cp scripts that had progress bar, but did not compromise on performance, when my efforts were in vain i went ahead and wrote one of my own ,taking i/p frm other scripts... But this is causing some errors and am unable to debug it.....pls help Here is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Required? Pls. help me

Hi All, I have Information in the file like, ============ Interface Information ==================== +++++++++++++++++ NMInterface ++++++++++++++ ObjID:251c55a2-2257-71dd-0f68-9887a1f10000 NNMObjID:82857 EntityName:aust00m1.mis.amat.com ] Description:ATM9/0/0-atm layer Discovered in... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
22 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, pls help

# for i in `cat oo`;do ls -ld $i;done ls: /var/tmp/i: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/ii: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/iii: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/iiii: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpttak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with first shell script pls.

Hi, I'm trying to extract information from one file to update another one and am a bit stuck. the first file is made up of tags e.g. <item>a@b.com</item> jksdhfjkdsh sldkjfds l klsjdf <item> c@d.com </item> what i'd like to do is extract the email addresses between these tags,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script with following awk command pls help

Hi I want to create a shell script with the following awk command & also get the filenames in output. awk '/<catetcsecuretty0>/ {p=1} /<catvarlogmessages0>/ {p=0} p' *.xml As there will be multiple outputs related to many xml files I cannot identify which output belongs to which file ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharp488
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)