Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EXPECT script for Telnet automation. Need your support. Post 302546888 by sunoo80 on Friday 12th of August 2011 11:09:10 AM
Old 08-12-2011
Java

hi startchen,

can you share the script with me u alread have. i may can twork on and ammend it as i am looking to do the same thing but struggling.

Cheers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automation of telnet and ftp

I have a basic query. I use telnet and ftp very frequently. I want to do it without spending time in typing username and password everytime. I know that if I have .netrc file which contains server address, username, pasword, then just typing ftp will conect to that server with that username and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run expect script in systems that don't support it out of box

Noob question .. My Java based application needs to change some user passwords based on some user actions. Since this application can run on Redhat AS2.1 / AS4.0 / Solaris 9 etc, the most safe and portable solution that I could think of was: Use expect. Now, expect is not available on all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namityadav
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

4. AIX

Automation from Windows to Linux - Telnet and su using perl

Here is my requirement to automate the deployment procedure for my project. Telnet to AIX box (say SERVER1) from windows machine (with USER1) Select the server to login say "SERVER2" su as different user say "USER2"(Owner of the deployed files) Execute the script (Script has so many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurainos
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Expect script question

Hi all, I have written a small expect script which should spawn a telnet session login and execute some commands. #!/usr/bin/expect -f spawn telnet $env(IP) match_max 100000 expect "login:" send -- "******\n" expect -exact "Password:" send -- "****\n" expect "%" Now I have got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to automate telnet session

Hi all, I am currently running a daemon which creates a virtual terminal for testing purposes. Essentially, if I were to interact with it manually, this is what I get. john@test1:~$telnet localhost 7777 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]' mip6d> pl eth2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abxccd
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Expect Script - Telnet

Hi All, I have an Expect script which logs into Cisco switch, performs a show interface command. I want to read a file of ip addresses which will be passed to the expect script. The script to read the file works, the expect script works on it's own but when i call the 'expect' script from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinak96
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect While Loops - Partial Automation?

I've been reading the O'Reilley expect book and I'm trying to create partial automation for common questions asked on screen in a telnet session and return to interact so the user can resume control. For example while {1} { expect { -re "What color is the sky?" {send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlarivie
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect telnet script execute by cronjob

hi, please help, keep getting this bolded error and look it up and people say its your environment variable though i tried to set it manually in expect..it run fine if i run it manually but once i run it by cronjob it error below..i tried to comment out ip/login info with *.. logfile:: START... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cssanangeles
0 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)