Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How statefull firewall work with segmented packet? Post 302546864 by sysgate on Friday 12th of August 2011 10:11:10 AM
Old 08-12-2011
The answer will most likely depend on what the vendor has to offer, as some firewall can operate on Layer 4 and below, while others may even work on Layer 7 (application).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Seeing IP packet

Hi, Is there any way that i can directly take out the IP packet and see its contents. Waiting for your answer .............. Bye (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS client will not work through firewall, help please

I have an Ubuntu lucid 10.4 running as NIS client, the machine was working fine as a NIS client until i move the machine to a DMZ firewall. I tried to get NIS client working through the firewall by I fixing ypbind port to a static port by modifying the file “/etc/default/nis” YPBINDARGS="-p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

filter packet

Exercise: Protection of WEB and DNS servers using the context-free rules for packet filtering: - Protect your WEB-server, so that would be for him can be accessed by browsers, and could go to dns. - Protect your primary DNS-server so that it could be to contact clients and secondary servers.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numeracy
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Protect service with statefull, stateless

how to protect service dns with filtering tables (statefull, stateless)? iptables -L iptables ...? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
pods::SDLx::Layer(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    pods::SDLx::Layer(3pm)

NAME
SDLx::Layer - Storage object for surface and position information CATEGORY
Extension SYNOPSIS
use SDLx::Layer; use SDLx::LayerManager; use SDL::Image; use SDL::Surface; use SDL::Video; # creating layers my $layer1 = SDLx::Layer->new( SDL::Image::load('image1.png'), {userdata => '7'} ); my $layer2 = SDLx::Layer->new( SDL::Image::load('image2.png'), 100, 200, {userdata => '42'} ); # creating the manager that holds the layers my $layermanager = SDLx::LayerManager->new(); $layermanager->add( $layer1 ); $layermanager->add( $layer2 ); my $display = # create your video surface here $layer1->foreground; printf( "%s ", $layer1->behind->[0]->data->{userdata} ); # prints 42 DESCRIPTION
A layer (see SDLx::Layer) is an SDL::Surface, the position of the surface on screen and some additional information, e.g. ingame states. METHODS
new my $layer = SDLx::Layer->new( $surface ); my $layer = SDLx::Layer->new( $surface, %data ); my $layer = SDLx::Layer->new( $surface, $pos_x, %data ); my $layer = SDLx::Layer->new( $surface, $pos_x, $pos_y, %data ); my $layer = SDLx::Layer->new( $surface, $pos_x, $pos_y, $clip_w, %data ); my $layer = SDLx::Layer->new( $surface, $pos_x, $pos_y, $clip_w, $clip_h, %data ); This constructs the layer object. See how you can omit the position and dimension of the layer. The hash %data is for your use only. The layer object just pass it through. index my $index = $layer->index; The method "index" represents the z-index of this layer within its layermanager. x my $x = $layer->x; This is a shortcut for $layer->pos->x. y my $y = $layer->y; This is a shortcut for $layer->pos->y. w my $w = $layer->w; This is a shortcut for $layer->clip->w. h my $h = $layer->h; This is a shortcut for $layer->pos->h. surface my $surface = $layer->surface; my $surface = $layer->surface( $new_surface ); Example: SDL::Video::blit_surface( $layer->surface, $layer->clip, $destination_surface, $layer->pos ); This method let you retrieve the current or set a new surface. pos my $rect = $layer->pos; The method "pos" returns an SDL::Rect object. The pos x and y are stored there. Example: SDL::Video::blit_surface( $layer->surface, $layer->clip, $destination_surface, $layer->pos ); clip my $rect = $layer->clip; The method "clip" returns an SDL::Rect object. The clip width and height are stored there. Example: SDL::Video::blit_surface( $layer->surface, $layer->clip, $destination_surface, $layer->pos ); data my %data = %{ $layer->data }; my %data = %{ $layer->data( %new_data) }; This method returns the hash %data. You can set %data by passing a hash. ahead my @layers = $layer->ahead; This method returns all layers that are ahead of the given layer. Ahead means that a layer has a higher z-index and is blitted over the given layer. Note: This method doesn't check for transparency. This will change in future versions. behind my @layers = $layer->behind; This method returns all layers that are behind of the given layer. Behind means that a layer has a lower z-index and is blitted over the given layer. Note: This method doesn't check for transparency. This will change in future versions. attach $layer->attach( $x, $y ); This function makes the given layer sticky to the mouse. If you move the mouse the layer will follow. The layermanager blits this layer at last, so they will appear on top of all layers. $x and $y should be set to the coords of the mouse, e.g. the coords of the mouse click. If you omit $x and $y the layer obtains them via SDL::Events::get_mouse_state. Note: The z-index is not changed for the given layer. detach_xy $layer->detach_xy( $x, $y ); "detach_xy" detaches the previously attached layer to the given coords. The upper left corner of this layer will be at $x and $y. foreground $layer->foreground; This method moves the given layer to the foreground so that it is blitted on top of the other layers. BUGS
Report at sdlperl.ath.cx SUPPORT
#sdl irc.perl.org AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
perl(1), SDL(2). perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDLx::Layer(3pm)