Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] apply 755 mode recursively Post 302546808 by yazu on Friday 12th of August 2011 08:16:32 AM
Old 08-12-2011
Code:
find DIR -name '*.sh' | xargs chmod 755

This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

dir 755 files 754

how to give permission in single command for .. All the sub-directories have to become permission 755 and files must be 754... do we have any option in chown .. or we have write script. any ideas please ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindarajan
2 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

changing permissions of a file whos name was passed to 755

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell script that gives a passed file the "755" access permissions. The shell script should: Change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anix007
0 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

changing permissions of a file whos name was passed to 755

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell script that gives a passed file the "755" access permissions. The shell script should: Change... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anix007
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : regular expression (hungry mode ?) solved

Hi there is something I don't understand with the repeated element. With the following command I have a weird output: :confused: while I thought the output would be I really don't understand why 2 "a" are skipped. Might someone explain please? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
5 Replies

5. Solaris

[Solved] How to change my default login mode????

Hi guys, I have just installed Solaris 10 x86. My system boots into graphical login by default, I want to have text login only, where can I change that. I tried to use the linux and bsd concept of editing /etc/inittab, and change the default value to 3, but that doesn't work in Solaris. Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
6 Replies

6. Fedora

[SOLVED] How to be the ROOT through GUI mode in fedora 15

Whenevr i am trying to access ROOT file in Fedora 15 by double clicking, its showing I dont have enough permission to access it and its not showing the inside access... How to solve it?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
4 Replies

7. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

8. Solaris

[Solved] Can't get into single user mode - sulogin was disabled

Solaris 10 trying to patch and therefore want to do this from single user mode I do a init 0 get's me to ok> :) ok> boot -s I was a UK Sun Field Engineer for 10 years ..... I've used "boot -s " quite a bit ..... I get a console login , which I subsequently login into #who... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
13 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies
mkproto(8)							    Unsupported 							mkproto(8)

Name
       mkproto - construct a prototype file system

Syntax
       /etc/mkproto special proto

Description
       The  command  is used to bootstrap a new file system.  First a new file system is created using The command is then used to copy files from
       the old file system into the new file system according to the directions found in the prototype file proto.  The  prototype  file  contains
       tokens  separated by spaces or new lines.  The first tokens comprise the specification for the root directory.  File specifications consist
       of tokens giving the mode, the user-id, the group id, and the initial contents of the file.  The syntax of the contents	field  depends	on
       the mode.

The mode token for a file is a 6 character string.  The first character specifies the type of the file.	(The characters -bcd specify regu-
       lar, block special, character special and directory files respectively.)  The second character of the type is either u or - to specify set-
       user-id	mode or not.  The third is g or - for the set-group-id mode.  The rest of the mode is a three digit octal number giving the owner,
       group, and other read, write, execute permissions.  See

Two decimal number tokens come after the mode; they specify the user and group ID's of the owner of the file.

If the file is a regular file, the next token is a pathname whence the contents and size are copied.

If the file is a block or character special file, two decimal number tokens follow which give the major and minor device numbers.

If the file is a directory, makes the entries .	and ..	and then reads a list of names	and  (recursively)  file  specifications  for  the
       entries in the directory.  The scan is terminated with the token $.

A sample prototype specification follows:

d--777 3 1
       usr  d--777 3 1
	    sh	 ---755 3 1 /bin/sh
	    ken  d--755 6 1
		 $
	    b0	 b--644 3 1 0 0
	    c0	 c--644 3 1 0 0
	    $
       $

Restrictions
       You can only run on virgin file systems.  It should be possible to copy files into existent file systems.

See Also
       dir(5), fs(5), fsck(8), newfs(8)

mkproto(8)