Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat or CentOS CMD
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Red Hat or CentOS CMD Post 302546660 by bitlord on Thursday 11th of August 2011 08:21:42 PM
Old 08-11-2011
alister thanks for your informative answer.

dmesg seems not to be what I was hoping it was. I guess RHEL just doesn't have this functionality. I have been doing a lot more Red Hat stuff lately and a lot of stuff seemed easier to do then on the Solaris server I normally work on. I just thought if Solaris can do it surly RHEL can do it too. I guess not.

Anyway I never asked how to get the faults or errors from the hardware I am using, only can RHEL access the info and if so how. The RHEL server is on a Sun Blade so there are two ways to get to the info. One way is thought the Lights out manager and the other is console port.

fpmurphy I looked into the lm-sensors program but I don't like installing 3rd party stuff and prefer native OS tools if possible. Thanks for helping me though.

Anyway thanks for everyones input.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet shell script on red hat 9 cmd line only

i would like to make a shell script (red hat 9 cmd line only) to telnet to my local isp's webmail server on port 25 and send it commands such as helo :) help would be much appreciated, and i found no posts similar that answered my question... the closest i've gotten to an answer from about 8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kypeswith
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

8. Linux

Red Hat cluster

hi... I'm new to clustering concept, there was a issue in redhat clustering as "unable to load cluster.xml no such file or directory".. this issue restrict me from starting the cluster services and too execution of clustat command .. myself using vmware work station for the cluster setup with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
bscv(7D)							      Devices								  bscv(7D)

NAME
bscv, bscbus, i2bsc - Blade support chip interface driver DESCRIPTION
The bscv, bscbus and i2bsc drivers interface with the Blade support chip used on Sun Microsystem's Blade server products. These drivers provide a conduit for passing control, environmental, cpu signature and event information between Solaris and the Blade support chip. These drivers do not export public interfaces. Instead they make information available via picl, prtdiag, prtfru and related tools. In addition, these drivers log Blade support chip environmental event information into system logs. FILES
/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/bscbus 64-bit ELF kernel driver /platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/bscv 64-bit ELF kernel driver /platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/i2bsc 64-bit ELF kernel driver /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/bscbus 32-bit ELF kernel file (x86 only) /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/bscv 32-bit ELF kernel file (x86 only) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |Limited to systems with | | |Blade Support Chip | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcar.u, SUNWcar.i | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SunOS 5.11 22 August 2003 bscv(7D)