Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Recursively listing of the file Post 302546276 by Abhi2910 on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 11:03:42 PM
Old 08-11-2011
Thanks a lot for taking your time but somehow I am getting an error

bash-3.00$ find . -type f -printf '%p %AY%Am%Ad\n'
find: bad option -printf
find: [-H | -L] path-list predicate-list
bash-3.00$ find . -type f -printf '%p %AY%Am%Ad\n' | grep 20110809
find: bad option -printf
find: [-H | -L] path-list predicate-list
bash-3.00$

Something which i was not able to explain in my earlier mail
My directory name is not based on date its Alphabatical name but file inside is having datetime pattern e.g
is
AAAAA
---BBBB
xxxx20110809
--------CCCC
-------------DDDD
------------------EEEEE
------------------------FFFFF
Again this is not the Name pattern it is just I have to put for better understanding.

Thanking you in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can 'file' be used recursively?

I'd like find all the files with names containing a certain pattern, in a directory hierarchy - not just a single directory. For example: file *.txt But throughout the entire hierarchy. Can this be done? If so, how? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmith_4242
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permission recursively

I have a directory named DIR. The contents of the directory is something like: a.sh b.sh cghsk.sh assjsjkd gdshddll DFG/ ... ... Where only DFG/ is a folder. I want to grant execute permission to all(a+x), for all the files directly under the DIR directory except the files that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert file.txt recursively

Anyone knows how I can change this script so that it works recursively as well (meaning: *.c files in sub directories will get changed as well)? for file in *.c do cat file.txt "$file" > tempfile cat tempfile > "$file" done rm tempfile (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psve
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing latest modified or created files recursively

Hi, I want to display latest files (created or modified) recursively in a path. I tried in different ways, but didn't get any desired output: find $path -type f -exec ls -lt {} \; | sort -n -r find $path -type f -printf %p";" | xargs -d ";" ls -t Second one is giving the error:... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a pattern from an external file in a directory containing multiple file recursively

Hi, Need your help in this. I have an input file that has multiple enrollment_number, somewhat like 1234567 8901234 9856321 6732187 7623465 Now i have to search and delete these enrollment_number recursively from all the files that are within multiple sub-directories of a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose recursively into delimited file

I would like to write a script that takes something like this: Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Line 4 Line 6 Line 7 Line 8 Line 9 etc.... And makes it to look like this: Line 1|Line 2|Line 3|Line 4| Line 6|Line 7|Line 8|Line 9| etc. I would think it would be fairly easy to use two loops,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcs
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission on a file recursively

Hi, this is the structure of the directory /local/home/app/cases under cases directory, below are the sub directories and each directory has files. /local/home/app/cases/1 /local/home/app/cases/2 /local/home/app/cases/3 /local/home/app/cases/4 File types are .txt .sh and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)