Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking cisco switch + firewall configuration upgrade Post 302546136 by DGPickett on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 12:23:07 PM
Old 08-10-2011
Are you setting up another route, or just a backup device/host?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

how to connect to Cisco switch from Ubnutu

Hi, I installed Ubnutu on my old laptop which does have COMM port, I want to connect to Cisco switch, I have Cisco cable connected to laptop. On Windows, I usually bring up "Hyper Terminal" how do I do it here? Please advice. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using if to identify proper mib for use with a cisco switch

Happy ThanksGiving guys, I'm working on a script that will use nmap to enumerate a network for active cisco switches. Once the list is complete, we use sed to clean up the file (called nmapres) so it is only a list of IP addresses. Next I want to use a while statement to go down that list of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios 3.3.1 SNMP with Cisco Switch Fails

Hello all! I am running Nagios 3.3.1 and I am trying to get it to monitor the ports on my Cisco Catalyst 3524-XL-PWR Managed Switch. But I keep getting "(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)" I have installed and compiled the plugins and the snmp services on the Ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RossIV
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Free Cisco Catalyst Switch Lab

I've setup my Linux system, running Scientific Linux and ser2net, as a terminal server for my Cisco switches. Logon and have fun!! telnet 72.205.54.70 49001 telnet 72.205.54.70 49002 telnet 72.205.54.70 49003 For topology and updates go to http://labswitch.blogspot.com. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoda9999
3 Replies

6. Hardware

How to view Cisco WS-C2960S-24TD-L OutPut/Configuration?

Recently, I want to see how to get a hold of a report showing the output/ configuration on my Catalyst 2960S 24 GigE, 2 x 10G SFP+ LAN Base switch ( basically, a report stating if all ports are functioning or not). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cisco WS-C2960S-24TD-L Switch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Cisco 3750 Switch ASA VPN Routing

Hi,I want connect my ASA 5510 firewall to a 3750 switch with RIP routing. Unfortunately,I am having issues passing the VPN subnet through rip to the 3750.I don't understand how the routing table is populated on the ASA. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
SHOREWALL-INIT(8)						  [FIXME: manual]						 SHOREWALL-INIT(8)

NAME
shorewall-init - Companion package SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/shorewall-init [start|stop] DESCRIPTION
Shorewall-init is an optional package (added in Shorewall 4.4.10) that can be installed along with Shorewall, Shorewall6, Shorewall-lite and/or Shorewall6-lite. It provides two key features: 1. It can close (stop) the firewall during boot prior to starting the network. This can prevent unwanted connections from being accepted after the network comes up but before the firewall is started. 2. It can interface with your distribution's ifup/ifdown scripts and/or NetworkManager to allow firewall actions when an interface starts or stops. These two capabilities can be enabled separately. After you install the shorewall-init package, you can activate it by modifying the Shorewall-init configuration file: o On Debian-based system, the file is /etc/default/shorewall-init. o On other systems, the file is /etc/sysconfig/shorewall-init. To activate the safe boot feature, edit the configuration file and set PRODUCTS to a space-separated list of Shorewall products that you want to be closed before networking starts. Example: PRODUCTS="shorewall shorewall6" You also must insure that the compiled scripts for the listed products are compiled using Shorewall 4.4.10 or later. Shorewall shorewall compile Shorewall6 shorewall6 compile Shorewall-lite On the administrative system, enter the command shorewall export firewall from the firewall's configuration directory. Shorewall6-lite On the administrative system, enter the command shorewall6 export firewall from the firewall's configuration directory. The second feature (ifup/ifdown and NetworkManager integration) should only be activated on systems that do not use a link status monitor line swping or LSM. o Edit the configuration file and set IFUPDOWN=1 For NetworkManager integration, you will want to disable firewall startup at boot and delay it to when your interface comes up. For this to work correctly, you must set the required or the optional option on at least one interface then: o On Debian-based systems, edit /etc/default/product for each product listed in the PRODUCTS setting and set startup=0. o On other systems, use the distribution's service control tool (insserv, chkconfig, etc.) to disable startup of the products listed in the PRODUCTS setting. On a laptop with both ethernet and wireless interfaces, you will want to make both interfaces optional and set the REQUIRE_INTERFACE option to Yes in shorewall.conf[1](5) or shorewall6.conf[2] (5). This causes the firewall to remain stopped until at least one of the interfaces comes up. FILES
/etc/default/shorewall-init (Debian-based systems) or /etc/sysconfig/shorewall-init (other distributions) SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall.conf http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall.conf.html 2. shorewall6.conf http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/../Manpages6/shorewall6.conf.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-INIT(8)