Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "Load Average" vs "virtual processor" Post 302546135 by jlliagre on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 12:22:59 PM
Old 08-10-2011
If your processes are all CPU bound, which is rare, 4 would be a full load. Otherwise, the full load would be somewhere between 4 and 32.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
XSYSINFO(1x)							 Debian GNU/Linux						      XSYSINFO(1x)

NAME
xsysinfo - Display Linux kernel parameters in graphical form SYNOPSIS
xsysinfo [-help] [-update n] [-[no]title] [-[no]labels] [-[no]loadavg] [-[no]load] [-[no]mem] [-[no]swap] [-[no]smp] DESCRIPTION
Xsysinfo is an X application to display some Linux kernel parameters in graphical form. It is like a mix of top, free and xload with the difference that the values are shown in form of a horizontal bar. The displayed values are: CPU load average, CPU load, memory and swap sizes (details see below). OPTIONS
-update n Set update rate to n milli-seconds -title Show title string -notitle Don't show title string -labels Show gauge labels -nolabels Don't show gauge labels -loadavg Show CPU load average value -noloadavg Don't show CPU load average value -load Show CPU load value -noload Don't show CPU load value -smp Show separate SMP loads -nosmp Don't show separate SMP loads. -mem Show memory info -nomem Don't show memory info -swap Show swap info -noswap Don't show swap info -help Display options DISPLAY
Xsysinfo display the following values: CPU load average CPU load average between 0.000-8.000. The gauge's bar is subdivided into segments, where one segment represents a load value of 1.0. The bar's full length is automatically scaled, depending on the displayed value. CPU load percentage CPU load time to CPU idle time subdivided in three segments: user load, system load and nice load. On an SMP system the -smp option replaces the single total load meter with a separate meter for each processor. Memory The memory gauge's bar is subdivided into two segments with the amount of physical memory, which is used by processes on the left and physical memory used for the page and buffer cache on the right. The length of the whole bar, which is the sum of these two val- ues, shows the amount of physical memory currently used by the system. Swap The percentage of swap space used by the system to total amount of swap space. AUTHORS
Xsyinfo is written by Gabor Herr <herr@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de> and currently maintained by Ronald Wahl <ronald.wahl@informatik.tu- chemnitz.de>. This manual page was created by Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian Project December 2005 XSYSINFO(1x)