Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help! Post 302546126 by DGPickett on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 12:04:33 PM
Old 08-10-2011
It decodes cases of T_IM_MNC, so when T_IM_MNC is this value then return that value. When T_IM_MNC is 1 return 5 from CASE.

The logical form of case (more wordy but more versatile, is "CASE WHEN ( T_IM_MNC = 1 ) THEN 5 . . . ."

Case makes it both less wordy, prettier to format, and run faster. What's not to like? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe SQL select statement results to script

Hello I would like to perform a select from a oracle table and return those values to my shell script For example: site=head -1 $infile | cut -c1-15 | awk '{printf "s%", $0} sqlplus -s /nolog |& #Open pipe to sql select col1, col2, col3, col4 from oracle_table where col5 =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: houtakker
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the sql select result

Hi, I have about 12 columns and 15 rows to be retrived from sybase isql command through unix. But when i output the sql into a file and see it, the formatting is going for a toss. can someone please suggest how can i get the result correctly in the output file ? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

3. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect value from sql select statment to unix variable

Hi, I need to get the value from the table using the sql command and store this value into the unix variable so that i can use this value for furthure use.. Please can any body help me in this regards Thanks & Regards Abdul Hafeez Shaik (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulhafeez
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Select and awk

Dear All , I have file1.txt contain values like the following: ---------- 23 24 25 and I have shell script which has the following : more file1.txt | awk '{print "select 'DUMP',CODE1||'|'||CODE2||'|'||CODE3 from CODE where CODE1='" $1 "';"}' > file2.sql all I need is to have the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select SQL Queries Option

count.sh#!/bin/ksh SQL1=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @count.sql $1 $2 $3` SQL2=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @selectall.sql $1 $2 $3` LIST="Count Select_All" select i in $LIST do if then echo $SQL1 elif then echo $SQL2 fi done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column

I know I know.. for sure one of the easier mysql statements. But somehow I can not figure out this. I expect to see all distinct items of 'data_12' where 'kwroot' has 'straxx' in, and in the same row 'data_12' ist (not = 'kwsearched' in any existing row) data_12 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
6 Replies

9. Programming

[Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select update replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this name model characteristics sample1.1 +123 parent sample1.2 -456 clone sample1.3 +122 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

10. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				DBIx::Class::SQLMaker(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker - An SQL::Abstract-based SQL maker class DESCRIPTION
This module is a subclass of SQL::Abstract and includes a number of DBIC-specific workarounds, not yet suitable for inclusion into the SQL::Abstract core. It also provides all (and more than) the functionality of SQL::Abstract::Limit, see DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::LimitDialects for more info. Currently the enhancements to SQL::Abstract are: o Support for "JOIN" statements (via extended "table/from" support) o Support of functions in "SELECT" lists o "GROUP BY"/"HAVING" support (via extensions to the order_by parameter) o Support of "...FOR UPDATE" type of select statement modifiers o The "-ident" operator o The "-value" operator OPERATORS
-ident Used to explicitly specify an SQL identifier. Takes a plain string as value which is then invariably treated as a column name (and is being properly quoted if quoting has been requested). Most useful for comparison of two columns: my %where = ( priority => { '<', 2 }, requestor => { -ident => 'submitter' } ); which results in: $stmt = 'WHERE "priority" < ? AND "requestor" = "submitter"'; @bind = ('2'); -value The -value operator signals that the argument to the right is a raw bind value. It will be passed straight to DBI, without invoking any of the SQL::Abstract condition-parsing logic. This allows you to, for example, pass an array as a column value for databases that support array datatypes, e.g.: my %where = ( array => { -value => [1, 2, 3] } ); which results in: $stmt = 'WHERE array = ?'; @bind = ([1, 2, 3]); AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-29 DBIx::Class::SQLMaker(3pm)