Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat microsoft Server 2008 Active authentication to a linux server Post 302546101 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 11:16:04 AM
Old 08-10-2011
Ah, come here, did you try checking out the WinSCP docs on using publick key files...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris samba configuration without wins service from authentication window server/Active directory

Hi All, We are using solaris samba server for our company project to provide access to code to our development team.Recently our ICT has disabled wins service on Active directory due which user are not able to connect to samba share and they are getting error "No logon server available" as samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

joining linux server to windows 2008 AD

am getting this error in windows (Password propagation is not done. Either default encryption key is configured or no UNIX hosts configured to propagate password.) then computer will join to windows AD but dns update fail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
6 Replies

3. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

4. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Two Factor Authentication – Best for the UNIX/Linux Server Security

The UNIX/Linux server security is challenging because these servers are at a risk of getting compromised at any point of time by the attackers. In today's enterprise environment, the UNIX and Linux servers are growing popular. With their increased popularity, these servers have become the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reve-secure
1 Replies
KAS_STATISTICS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 KAS_STATISTICS(8)

NAME
kas_statistics - Displays statistics from an Authentication Server process SYNOPSIS
kas statistics [-admin_username <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-password_for_admin <admin password>] [-cell <cell name>] [-servers <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-noauth] [-help] kas sta [-a <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-p <admin password>] [-c <cell name>] [-s <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-n] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The kas statistics command displays statistics from the Authentication Server running on one of the cell's database server machines. Use the -servers argument to name a specific machine, or the command interpreter chooses one at random from all the database server machines with which it has established connections. CAUTIONS
The -servers argument is not available in interactive mode, making it impossible to specify a certain machine. OPTIONS
-admin_username <admin principal> Specifies the user identity under which to authenticate with the Authentication Server for execution of the command. For more details, see kas(8). -password_for_admin <admin password> Specifies the password of the command's issuer. If it is omitted (as recommended), the kas command interpreter prompts for it and does not echo it visibly. For more details, see kas(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see kas(8). -servers <authentication servers>+ Names each machine running an Authentication Server with which to establish a connection. For more details, see kas(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. For more details, see kas(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The information in the output includes: o The number of allocation and freeing operations the Authentication Server has performed, and how many password change requests it has processed. o An indication of its hash table use. o The server machine's IP address in hexadecimal and the date when the current instance of the Authentication Server started. o The number of requests and aborted requests for various services: authentication, ticket granting, password setting, entry listing, and so on. o The amount of CPU time that the Authentication Server has used to process requests since it started. The amount is not accurate on all system types, however. o The number of entries in the Authentication Database that are marked with the "ADMIN" flag. EXAMPLES
In the following example, an administrator using the admin account gathers statistics from the Authentication Server running on the machine "fs1.abc.com". % kas statistics -servers fs1.abc.com 56 allocs, 46 frees, 0 password changes Hash table utilization = 0.100000% From host bfff21a7 started at Tue Mar 23 12:42:02 1999: of 88 requests for Authenticate, 18 were aborted. of 14 requests for GetTicket, 0 were aborted. of 4 requests for CreateUser, 1 were aborted. of 12 requests for SetFields, 4 were aborted. of 3 requests for DeleteUser, 0 were aborted. of 23 requests for GetEntry, 4 were aborted. of 18 requests for ListEntry, 0 were aborted. of 2 requests for GetStats, 1 were aborted. of 2 requests for GetRandomKey, 0 were aborted. Used 6.015 seconds of CPU time. 3 admin accounts PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "ADMIN" flag set on his or her Authentication Database entry. SEE ALSO
kas(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KAS_STATISTICS(8)