Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora System Crashes at Midnight with Timer Expired 35 1048688 scs_op C8C521B0 Error, Any Idea's Post 302546097 by graybeard on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 11:12:24 AM
Old 08-10-2011
SCSI OP ?

I bet the message was intended to be SCSI OP...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to install Midnight Commander on Solaris 10

Hi, im very newb in Solaris. I have install So10. Now i just try install the first software Midnight Commander and fails. I just do as follow - i go to Sunfreeware - Freeware Open Source Software for Sun Microsystem's Solaris and get into x86-so10 link ( i use VM ware ) download these packages... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

3. Linux

system slowdown at midnight

Hi, My test server slows down at 12:00 midnight every day. I don't have any crons set. But I found that there are some system crons. Are they really important, can they cause any problem at 12 midnigh? # ls cron*.* cron.deny cron.d: sysstat cron.daily: 0anacron 0logwatch cups ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
2 Replies

4. Programming

ABOUT RECV() SYSTEM CALL (regarding timer)

Hi all, I am facing a problem in recv() system call i.e.. in my project i have to implement timer for sending (data) and resending purpose when there is no acknowledgement. is there any way that recv() sys call has its own timer i.e., for ex: recv() has to wait for 10 secs. if any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohil
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

7z crashes system

Can someone tell my why every time I try to use 7z it freezes my system? I can't move my mouse, I can't type, I can't kill my xsession. I then restart my system and everything returns to normal. When I try to use 7z my system again freezes. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring for specific date stamped files before and after midnight

Hi Guys, I am having a brain freeze.... I want to monitor a directory for a time stamped file on a sol 10 system in bash or ksh, the files will come in looking like this.. randomfile.DDMMYY.rpt The problem i am having is the file can come in before or after midnight, the file will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum is not working - certificate expired error

In my RHEL 5.3, i686 server, I am facing the following error, whenever I am using any yum command - "up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError: The certificate is expired. Please ensure you have the correct certificate and your system time is correct." Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files modified from midnight (i.e. from midnight (00:00:00)) of current date?

Hi there! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following: I'm trying to find all files within a directory which have been modified since midnight of the current date. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_the_tulip
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xt timer call, XtAppAddTimeout, hangs on system clock jump backwards

Hi, I've got an issue which I've been 'google-fu'ing without much luck. We have a legacy program which has been plagued by an issue for a long time and I've been tasked to investigate/fix. The program uses XMotif2.1 (required due to dependency on an old GUI designer) and runs on a RHEL7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: altrefrain
4 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of Easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjy] [-A number] [-B number] [[month] year] cal [-3hj] [-A number] [-B number] -m month [year] ncal [-3hjJpwy] [-A number] [-B number] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-3hJeo] [-A number] [-B number] [year] ncal [-CN] [-H yyyy-mm-dd] [-d yyyy-mm] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of Easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -h Turns off highlighting of today. -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of Easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of Easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. If month is specified as a decimal number, it may be followed by the letter 'f' or 'p' to indicate the following or preceding month of that number, respectively. -o Display date of Orthodox Easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. -3 Display the previous, current and next month surrounding today. -A number Display the number of months after the current month. -B number Display the number of months before the current month. -C Switch to cal mode. -N Switch to ncal mode. -d yyyy-mm Use yyyy-mm as the current date (for debugging of date selection). -H yyyy-mm-dd Use yyyy-mm-dd as the current date (for debugging of highlighting). A single parameter specifies the year (1-9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as speci- fied by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calen- dar for the month of August in the current year). Not all options can be used together. For example ``-3 -A 2 -B 3 -y -m 7'' would mean: show me the three months around the seventh month, three before that, two after that and the whole year. ncal will warn about these combinations. A year starts on January 1. Highlighting of dates is disabled if stdout is not a tty. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian-Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. Not all options are compatible and using them in different orders will give varying results. BSD
March 14, 2009 BSD