Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support mdadm unable to fail a resyncing drive? Post 302546046 by DGPickett on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 09:27:21 AM
Old 08-10-2011
Try -force ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Resyncing Progress of hardware mirror

Hi, I've recently mirrored the 4 disks in a V440. Disks 0 + 1 have been mirrored with hardware mirroring using the command raidctl -c c1t0d0 c1t2d0, the other 2 disks have been mirrored using Soltisce Disk Suite. I know how to check the progress for the SDS mirroring but how can I find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to mount USB Pen drive on my Server

Hello Gurus!! Very recently i tried to mount a USB pen drive onto my solaris 10 (X4170 model) server. As i understand, in ideal scenarios it should get mounted automatically, but it did not happen. Neither anything is shown in "iostat -En" output or "rmformat -l" about the pen drive. I also... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mdadm question

Hello, I have 4 drives (500G each) in a raid 10, I got a power failior and this is the result? cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : md126 : inactive sdb sdc sdd sde 1953536528 blocks super external:-md127/0 md127 : inactive sdd(S) sde(S) sdb(S) sdc(S) 9028 blocks super... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmokros
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mdadm container! How does it work

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I understand how mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=container works? A device called /dev/md0 appears in /proc/mdstat but I am not sure how to use that device? I have 2 blank drives with 1 500GB partition on each. I would like to setup mirroring, but not in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytron
0 Replies

5. Debian

Unable to mount external drive

Trying to mount an external 160GB Toshiba drive but.... this is my dmesg tail output: usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3 usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=13fd, idProduct=1618 usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0 usb 2-2:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ridson
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

mdadm for / and /boot

had this RHEL 5 installation with /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 running.. created two more partitions /dev/sdj1 and /dev/sdj2 , the same sized partition as /dev/sda trying to use mdadm to create RAID1 .. I cannot even do it in "rescue" mode, I wonder if it can be done.. it kept... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to automount a cifs drive in linux

Hi I am using SUSE 11 linux I have couple of "nfs" entries in /etc/fstab which are automatically loaded after system restart. One of the entry is windows drive mounted using cifs as shown below //IP-Address/Partition /mnt/x cifs credentials=/creds/.creds,rw,uid=<name> 0 0 I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

MDADM Failure - where it came from?

Hello, i have a system with 6 sata3 seagate st3000dm01 disks running on stable Debian with software raid mdadm. i have md0 for root and md1 for swap and md2 for the files. i now want to add one more disk = sdh4 for md2 but i got this errors: The new disk is connected to an 4 port sata... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunghost
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to send SCSI commands to USB Drive

I am connecting a USB mass storage removeable drive to Solaris 10 x86 machine. The device is detected and i am able to perform standard read and write functions. But i want to use a code to send IOCTL based SCSI commands to the same device to read and write the data. Which i am unable to do so.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish2012
17 Replies

10. Solaris

Maint, resyncing and last-erred notifications

Hi fellow members! I have a oracle solaris server with two internal disks, that acts as an authentication server only, and for now the server seems to be doing its job, but when typing metastat -c I get some notifications. I am not familiar with SVM, I wonder if someone can help me on this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies
PVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PVREMOVE(8)

NAME
pvremove - remove a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvremove [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f[f]|--force [--force]] [-y|--yes] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVol- ume...] DESCRIPTION
pvremove wipes the label on a device so that LVM will no longer recognise it as a physical volume. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -ff, --force --force Force the removal of a physical volume belonging to an existing volume group. Normally vgreduce(8) should be used instead of this command. You cannot remove a physical volume which in use by some active logical volume. -y, --yes Answer yes to all questions. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvdisplay(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) PVREMOVE(8)