Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading XML data in a FLAT FILE Post 302545975 by kmanivan82 on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 05:38:09 AM
Old 08-10-2011
Thank You Chubler_XL. The logic which you have given works.

Thanks for your help!!

Krishnakanth Manivannan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML to flat file in Unix

Hello, How can I take a file in XML format and convert it to a comma separated format? Is there any scripts or programs that can do this for Unix? I tried surfing the net for such an application, but everything seems to be for Windows OS. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to flat file

Hi all, can u please help me in converting any given XML file to flat file. thanks in advance. -bali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a FLAT File - No Delimeters

Hi Folks, I have a file without any delimeters and it is a flat file. Example, my raw data looks: x25abcy26defz27ghi..... Now, could you please any one help me to program to split this into variable and create a text file. I want a output as below Name Age Number x 25 abc... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a flat file in XML

Hello Friends, I am new to UNIX shell scripting. Using bash....Could you please help me in converting a flat file into an XML style output file. Flat file: (Input File entries looks like this) John Miller: 617-569-7996:15 Bunting lane, staten Island, NY: 10/21/79: 60600 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humkhn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read a flat file containing XML data

I have a file something like this:aaaa.xml content of the file is 0,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <storeInformation xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <s> <BRANCH_NO>3061</BRANCH_NO> <BRANCH_NAME>GREEN EXPRESS</BRANCH_NAME> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting XML to Flat file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a XML file to flat file. Sample I/p: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?> <DataFile xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' contactCount='4999' date='2012-04-14' time='22:00:14' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='gen .xsd'> <Contact... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]xml to flat file

dear all, i need your advice, i have xml file like this input.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <session xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'> <capture> <atribut name="tmp_Filename" value="INTest.rbs"/> <atribut name="size_Filename" value="INTest.rbs"/>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing having optional tags into flat file

In xml file i have following data where some tags like<ChrgBr> may not be present in every next file. So i want these values to be stored in some variable like var1="405360,00" , var2="DEBT" and so on ,but if <ChrgBr> tag has no value or is absent var2 should have space like var2=" " so that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandipgawale
1 Replies

10. Programming

Reading flat file content

is there any unix tools that can read the text files like through SQL queries? (ie in Hadoop, Impala DB support flat file query) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omykarshan
1 Replies
lsimega(7D)                                                                                                                            lsimega(7D)

NAME
lsimega - SCSI HBA driver for LSI MegaRAID 320-2x SCSI RAID Controller The lsimega SCSI RAID host bus adapter driver is a SCSA-compliant nexus driver that supports LSI MegaRAID 320-2x SCSI RAID devices. The lsimega driver supports standard functions provided by the SCSA interface, including RAID disk I/O and passthrough I/O to support SCSI tape and CDROM. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
The lsimega.conf file contains no user configurable parameters. Please configure your hardware through BIOS. The LSI MegaRAID 320-2x device can support up to 40 logic drivers. Note that BIOS numbers the logic drives as 1 through 40, however in Solaris these drives are numbered from 0 to 39. See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/kernel/drv/lsimega 32-bit ELF kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/lsimega 64-bit kernel module ( only). /kernel/drv/lsimega.conf Driver configuration file (contains no user-configurable options). prtconf(1M), attributes(5), amr(7D), scsi_hba_attach(9F), scsi_sync_pkt(9F), scsi_transport(9F), scsi_inquiry(9S), scsi_device(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) 20 April 2005 lsimega(7D)