Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flow Control in CSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Flow Control in CSH Post 302545878 by Manju87 on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 12:45:33 AM
Old 08-10-2011
Flow Control in CSH

hi ,
I am new to scripting, i have a doubt can any one pls solve it for me
the code is not working

Code:
set users = (user1 user2 user3)

echo The users are
echo $users[*]
echo Enter the USER NAME 
set USER_NAME = $<
set i = 1;
for ( i = 1; i <= $#users; i++ )
if ( $USER_NAME == $users[i] ) then
mkdir root/project/$USER_NAME
else echo INVALID USER!!!!
endif
done

this is not working... how do i check whether the users are valid or not... and ask again to enter the users if the input is invalid...

Last edited by pludi; 08-10-2011 at 04:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign correct control flow?

how can i create a script with a correct control flow/loop(?) to provide output from 3 files? file1 one two three file2 yellow red orange file3 banana apples cantaloupes output file: one (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Programming

dilemma in control flow

hello im facing a queer problem when i execute the foll code in unix # include <stdio.h> # include <unistd.h> main(int argc,char *argv) { FILE *fp = fopen("/ras/chirag/fifotest/file.fifo","a"); int i=1; fprintf(fp,argv); printf("I SLEEP"); system("date"); for (i=0;i<50;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Disabling 802.3x flow control

I have a server I would like to disable 802.3x flow control on. The host is Linux (CentOS 4.4 x86_64 w/ 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL kernel,) and I'm using the ns83820 driver for the ethernet interface in question. I've tried looking at the driver parameters (modinfo ns83820) and using ethtool (ethtool -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script - control flow statements

Hi guys.I'm just beginner of python. I'm just trying to do some analysis on simple input file. it has 6 columns and i want to consider k,l and m,n if i and j are + after that checking which value is greater or lower in k,l and m,n I have included logic header just to explain what I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script using Korn Flow Control

I am wiping off the dust to my shell scipting days and had this question: I have this script that I have created, and cannot figure out where my flow control issue is within this script. #!/bin/ksh #Basic script to backup server #Home directories to the external ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will this flow work

B() { } A() { calling a function B } for condition do calling a function A done Shall after executing function B, the control will return back to loop? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with control flow in a Bash script

In my bash script I want to say "if argument 2 is anything except x, y or z, than echo this" (x y and z being words). So my script looks like this: if ] then echo "unrecognized input: $2" fi This usually works but than I also want to say "if argument 2 IS x, y, or z, but argument 4 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jrodicon
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flow control state changed in server logs

Hi, We observe below logs from switch - the database servers rebooted becaause they couldn't do I/O on vfiler -Any pointers looking at below logs please? Switch logs: 2016 Apr 30 07:41:16.729 EAG-ECOM-POD111GPU-SWF1 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_LINK_FAILURE: Interface Ethernet152/1/8 is down (Link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
0 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)