Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory limit for C program
Operating Systems AIX Memory limit for C program Post 302545848 by traviswheeler on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 05:13:47 PM
Old 08-09-2011
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I failed to mention: I've compiled with -q64, resulting in no change to outcome.

I'll also observe that the manual you pointed me to says:
"Compiler mode is set according to the last-found instance of the -q32 or -q64
compiler options. If neither of these compiler options is set, the compiler mode
is set by the value of the OBJECT_MODE environment variable."

As mentioned in my original post, I set that with
Code:
export OBJECT_MODE=64

Is there something else I'm supposed to get from the manual?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Program/ Memory Problems

I need some advise. I have an application server running several applications. When I try and start a particular application when the others are running I receive the following. This is appearing in the core file that is created. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Redhat 2.1 AS Memory Limit?

I have a customer with an HP DL380 G4 server running Redhat 2.1 AS that has 4GB memory installed. They want to upgrade in the server to the maximum of 12GB using (6) 2GB DIMMs. I can do this for them, but I read somewhere that Redhat 2.1 has an upper memory limit. Or you need a kernel patch to use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
2 Replies

4. Programming

Measuring memory used by a program?

I have a Java program. I want to measure the total memory used by the program, especially the peak memory. Is there a way to do it? I have tried utilities like time (which returns 0) and top (which is not very useful) as the program does not run for long. Can anyone suggest a way to do this?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spathical
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Memory Limit ?

Is there an input file memory limit for awk? I have a 38Mb text file that I am trying to print out certatin lines and add a string to the end of that line. When I excute the script on the 38Mb file the string I am adding is put on a new line. If I do the same with a smaller file the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory limit on php in .sh script

Hi, I have .sh script running php script with "php". When I run php script from web browser, it is running without errors. When I run it from .sh script, I am getting "memory exhausted". It seems to me that running php from .sh does not respect php.ini or have its own setting. So, how can I set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
0 Replies

7. Programming

Shared memory between two c program

i have to shared a variable between two different c programs with shared memory and i do these: int main() { int a=5,b=7; int buffer; int *point; int shmid; shmid=shmget(IPC_PRIVATE , sizeof(buffer),0666); point=(int *)shmat(shmid,NULL,0); point=a; ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafazzi87
21 Replies

8. Red Hat

PAE kernel memory limit

What is the limit of LowMem and HighMem in PAE enable kernel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

9. Programming

Size of memory used by a program

Hello, Here is a portion of my code: a=(int *) malloc(dim*dim*sizeof(int)); b=(int *) malloc(dim*dim*sizeof(int)); c=(int *) malloc(dim*dim*sizeof(int)); for(i=0;i<dim;i++) for(j=0;j<dim;j++) c= rand(); for(i=0;i<dim;i++) for(j=0;j<dim;j++) b=rand(); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cpu, memory - limit by user

Hi all ! I'm new in this site, so sorry if this question is into wrong place. How can I limit cpu/core and memory usage by user? System: RedHat Ent. Linux. 6.4 Tks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiago
4 Replies
HCC(1)								     LAM TOOLS								    HCC(1)

NAME
hcc, mpicc, hcp, mpiCC - Compile LAM C/C++ programs. SYNTAX
hcc [-showme] ... hcp [-showme] ... see cc(1) and CC(1) (or whatever your underlying C/C++ compilers are) for all other options. DESCRIPTION
hcc and hcp are convenience wrappers for the local native C and C++ compilers. Translation of a LAM program requires the linkage of the LAM specific libraries which may not reside in one of the standard search directories of ld(1). It also often requires the inclusion of header files what may also not be found in a standard location. hcc passes its arguments to the local native C compiler along with the -I, -L and -l options required by LAM programs. This includes all necessary options for ROMIO and/or C++ bindings support (if ROMIO/C++ sup- port was included when LAM was compiled). hcp is similar, but invokes the native C++ compiler instead. mpicc is now the same as hcc, just as mpiCC is now the same as hcp. See the NOTES section, below. By default, hcc uses the C compiler that was selected when LAM was configured (with the --with-cc flag to ./configure, or by setting the environment variable CC before ./configure was invoked) as the local native C compiler, but this can be overridden by the LAMHCC environ- ment variable. Likewise, hcp uses the C++ compiler that was selected when LAM was configured (with the --with-cpp flag to ./configure, or by setting the environment variable CXX before invoking ./configure) by default, but this can be overridden by the LAMHCP environment vari- able. OPTIONS
-showme Does not invoke the underlying C/C++ compiler. Instead, it shows the command line that would be executed to compile the C/C++ pro- gram. NOTES
Previous versions of hcc and hcp did not automatically link in the MPI library. Starting with LAM version 6.3, since hcc and hcp have become the de facto LAM C and C++ compilers, the -lmpi option is now automatically passed to the underlying compiler when linking LAM/MPI programs. Previous versions of LAM included the mpicc and mpiCC wrapper scripts to automatically pass -lmpi to hcc and/or hcp. These scripts are now obsolete since hcc and hcp now include -lmpi automatically. mpicc and mpiCC are now symbolic links to hcc and hcp, respectively, to ensure backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
cc(1), CC(1), ld(1), lam-helpfile(5) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 HCC(1)