Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Is it possible to receive emails from my computer? Post 302545844 by Errigour on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 05:03:40 PM
Old 08-09-2011
Yea I want to make my own mail server and I don't know where to begin. Could you help me with
this conquest.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

multicast data can not receive

On HP-UX, we want to exchange data via multicast, there happen to meet a problem: sometimes the receiver that has joined the group can not receive the multicast data, but the recvfrom call returned no error. We have reconfig the network and added the default the route, but still can not fixed it,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emails on HP-UX

Hi Guys I am running Oracle database on HP-UX, every now and then I get emails that are sent to me by root. When check with the sysadmin know one have a clue as to where does the emails come from. I need to stop this emails...how do I check which script is sending me the emails. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Configuring POSTFIX to receive emails only from localhost

Hello, I am new to POSTFIX. My manager has asked me to configure POSTFIX running on a server to accept mail only from itself(localhost). Can someone tell me how I can go about doing this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can send but not receive email

Hi, One of the users in our company can send but not receive email. We are using SENDMAIL in conjunction with procmail. The funny thing is that all his sent email is in his /var/spool/mail but the email client does not pick anything up! He is using IMAP. Anyone see have any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to receive mails in unix .....

HI experts, By using mailx command i can send mails to any email id. and my DNS is like oper@xyz.com ..... but if someone replied to the mail sent earlier using mailx command. then how to recieve or view that mail ... Is dre any command to do the same ... Im working on some project and got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
7 Replies

7. AIX

Not able to receive emails after job execution

Hi, we've configured mail on DB2 data studio DSWC console. (gave mail relay server details) it used to work fine. like whenever we schedule backup jobs from DB2 side, we used to get emails after job completion. for some reason, it stopped working now. Please see the below info messges... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
8 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Have yet to receive activation email

Good Afternoon, I attempted to register on this forum yesterday using the username 'DBirks', however I have yet to receive the required activation email. I have checked both my inbox and junk e-mail folder on my email client as well as on owa, but I have not seen any sign of it. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can ping out but cannot receive

Hi there, I am able to ping google.com However, I am able to see like google.com (172.xx.xx.xx). When the ping is done, like 5 packet transmitted but zero packet recieved. How do I go about re-mediating it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies
COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)

NAME
collect-reminders - collect email reminders to be sent out SYNOPSIS
Collect emails reminders set by users for special occasions and move them to the email-reminder spool directory. DESCRIPTION
Email-reminder allows users to define events that they want to be reminded of by email. This script is meant to be invoked everyday by a cron job or as the root user. It collects the reminder files from each user. OPTIONS
--help Displays basic usage message. --verbose Prints out information about what the program is doing, including the full emails being sent out. --version Displays the version number. FILES
~/.email-reminders, /etc/email-reminder.conf AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@email-reminder.org.nz> SEE ALSO
email-reminder-editor, send-reminders COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 by Francois Marier Email-Reminder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Email-Reminder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Email-Reminder; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)