Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract a word from sentence
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a word from sentence Post 302545758 by ahamed101 on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 11:38:42 AM
Old 08-09-2011
Try this

Code:
val=`echo $SET_PARAMS | sed 's/.*Portfolio_Parm="\([0-9]*\)".*/\1/g'`

regards,
Ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate the word from a sentence

Hi, The first line of a file is as follows: example.4ge v.45352 Report for April 28 May 2010 I need to remove the word example.4ge v.45353 from that line. I used the following command to truncate it sed 's/example.4ge v.45352//g' $filename But here the version number 45352 may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you split a sentence after every nth word

Hi, I think my problem is a "simple" one to resolve. What i am looking for is a way in sed/awk to split a long line/paragraph into say 5 words per line. For example: Sentence/paragraph contains: 102 103 104 105 106 107 109 110 .... I would like the output to be (if splitting every 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim the sentence containing colon and period to extract a word in between

Hello All , i am a newbie in korn shell scripting trying to trim a sentence that is parsed into a variable . The format of the sentence has three words that are separated from other by a " : " colon and "." period . Format of the sentence looks like ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract from a long sentence

Hi, There's a long sentence from which I need to extract only the part which is at the right side of the word LENGTH i.e. 15 long sentence : <INPUT VAR1 ="" DATATYPE ="number(p,s)" VAR2 ="" VAR3 ="3" VAR4="0" VAR5 ="ELEMITEM" VAR6 ="NO" VAR7 ="NOT A KEY" VAR8 ="17" LEVEL ="0" NAME... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a field from a long sentence!

Hi, I want to extract the value of LENGTH column (high-lighted in red) from a file which will have several lines as shown below: <INPUT VAR1 ="" DATATYPE ="number(p,s)" VAR2 ="" VAR3 ="3" VAR4="0" VAR5 ="ELEMITEM" VAR6 ="NO" VAR7 ="NOT A KEY" VAR8 ="17" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="UNIX" NULLABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED (or other) upper to lowercase, with first letter of first word in each sentence uppercase

The title pretty much defines the problem. I have text files that are all in caps. I would like to convert them to lowercase, but have the first letter of the first word in each sentence in uppercase. I already have SED on the server for fixing / tweaking text files, but I'm open to other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dockline
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

match sentence and word adn fetch similar words in alist

Hi all, I have ot match sentence list and word list anf fetch similar words in a separate file second file with 2 columns So I want the output shuld be 2 columns like this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove First word of a sentence in shell

Hi there, How I remove the first word of a sentence. I have tried. echo '1.1;' ; echo "$one" | grep '1.1 ' | awk '{print substr($0,index($0," ")+1)}' For the below input. 1.1 Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC Just want to know if there is any shorter alternative. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract only relevant part from a sentence?

Hello All, I have a file with details such as below. How do i extract only the host and port ? eg: dbs.ads.com 1521 (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=dbs.ads.com)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=vug)))... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnJacobChacko
5 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)                                                  Allegro manual                                                  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)