Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl- Finding average "frequency" of occurrence of duplicate lines Post 302545620 by yazu on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 02:48:58 AM
Old 08-09-2011
Ok. Is this algorithm is right (there is 1 second difference between lines)?
Code:
cat INPUTFILE 
1301892853.870 a
1301892854.870 b
1301892855.870 a
1301892856.870 c
1301892857.870 b
1301892858.870 a
1301892859.870 a
1301892860.870 d
1301892861.870 d

perl -ane '
  push @{$seen{$F[1]}}, $F[0];
  END {
    for $key (sort keys %seen) {
      @ts = @{$seen{$key}};
      $n = @ts;      
      $prev = $ts[0];
      $nt = 0;
      print "$key $n ";
      for $time (@ts) {
        $nt += $time - $prev;
      }
      print $nt/$n, "\n";
    }
  }
' INPUTFILE
a 4 3.25
b 2 1.5
c 1 0
d 2 0.5

Last edited by yazu; 08-09-2011 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: small improvements

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Solaris

"Load Average" vs "virtual processor"

Hi, I have one question regarding the understanding of “load average” in a platform with virtual processors. Suppose in this situation: Total number of physical processors: 1 Number of virtual processors: 32 Total number of cores: 4 Number of cores per physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MDING
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant get awk 1liner to remove duplicate lines from Delimited file, get "event not found" error..help

Hi, I am on a Solaris8 machine If someone can help me with adjusting this awk 1 liner (turning it into a real awkscript) to get by this "event not found error" ...or Present Perl solution code that works for Perl5.8 in the csh shell ...that would be great. ****************** ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy b
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
GRIB_GET(1)							   User Commands						       GRIB_GET(1)

NAME
grib_get - Get values of some keys from a grib file. DESCRIPTION
Get values of some keys from a grib file. It is similar to grib_ls, but fails returning an error code when an error occurs (e.g. key not found). USAGE
grib_get [options] grib_file grib_file ... OPTIONS
-f Force. Force the execution not to fail on error. -p key[:{s/d/l}],key[:{s/d/l}],... Declaration of keys to print. For each key a string (key:s) or a double (key:d) or a long (key:l) type can be requested. Default type is string. -P key[:{s/d/l}],key[:{s/d/l}],... As -p adding the declared keys to the default list. -w key[:{s/d/l}]{=/!=}value,key[:{s/d/l}]{=/!=}value,... Where clause. Grib messages are processed only if they match all the key/value constraints. A valid constraint is of type key=value or key!=value. For each key a string (key:s) or a double (key:d) or a long (key:l) type can be specified. Default type is string. -V Version. -W width Minimum width of each column in output. Default is 10. -M Multi-grib support off. Turn off support for multiple fields in single grib message -G GRIBEX compatibility mode. -7 Does not fail when the message has wrong length AUTHOR
This manpage has been autogenerated by Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org>from the command line help of grib_get. grib_get April 2009 GRIB_GET(1)