Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File migration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File migration Post 302545564 by yazu on Monday 8th of August 2011 09:51:40 PM
Old 08-08-2011
You can:
1. cp -r all your files
2. mv directories according your list.
3. mv files in this directories according your algorithm.
This is easy with a shell script but I'm too lazy to write it. Smilie I believe somebody helps you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migration

Is it possible to migrate a UNIX program and use it in a NetWare or Windows 2000 network? I have a client that must have one of those two operating systems for the new program that they want. However, they've been using an older UNIX program for about 7 years and they want to be able to refer to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: refram
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migration

hi, is there any tool that i can use to update my scripts (SH scripts) form Unix to linux. please mention any useful websites. thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration

Hi all, Would appreciate advise on my situation. Currently server A is in production. Server A takes in data from Server X, does some processing and send to server Y. We are going to develop a different system in server B, something like an enhanced version of A. Server A will be retired once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file migration windows -> unix

I've spent all of my career on windows boxes and maybe 30 secs here an there with unix. Now I find myself with a project of migrating web files (html, swf, etc) from windows to unix. I know that unix is case sensitive and there can be no spaces in file/folder names. What else do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjglass
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of users

We are about to get a new server and I need to prepare for migration to the new one. This will be my first migration so I'm sure I will be learning alot. My current server is running CentOS 4.x and I want to move to a sever running Centos 5.x , thought it would make things easier. The old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with information on DB migration.

Dear Admin, I am new to unix platform,please i need you to tell me and send me useful tools and advice on how to migrate an oracle DB release2 to a unix platform. your urgent responce would be appreciated. Regards, Adejuwon Odugbesi. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adejuwon
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file migration

Hi all, Is there a program that would make sense out of the data below; this is from MPAC unix system. I would like to get usable data that could be transferred into excel? Rich, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: berkmillionare
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)