Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Tables Add Open Port 3306
Operating Systems Linux IP Tables Add Open Port 3306 Post 302545555 by fpmurphy on Monday 8th of August 2011 08:36:43 PM
Old 08-08-2011
OK, the problem is apparently not a firewall issue. Have you got SELinux turned on or off? If turned on, please turn it off and try again.

What are the relevant contents of the error logs (/firescope_data/mysql.err and /firescope_data/mysqlmanager.err)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Open Port 3306 for MySQL connection

I am needing to "un-block" port 3306 so that I can access MySQL from another PC. When I installed Mandrake 8.1, I set the security level to high because it is going to be a web server. I believe I have to allow access to my ports now and I do not know the commands to do that. If anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
4 Replies

2. Linux

open port

How can I open a port on linux machine ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

4. Solaris

how to open specific port

Dear members, My release is open Solaris b103 1- How to know the opening port in my system 2- How to open a specific port like port number 53 3- How to closed the specific port like port number 53 Your feedback highly appreciated (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Open port on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am installing Infosphere (ETL tool) on solaris 10. One of the requirement is to open multiple ports for different apps that will be installed. I ran netstat -n | grep 9080 (,etc) but that did not return anything. I have attached the requirement. Can anyone guide me about how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - How to Open a Port

Hi, I would like to open a specific port for use with a bespoke application. Before everyone points me to other threads - I read a few but couldn't find any specific to my problem. Iptables / firewall is disabled SELinux is also disabled I would just like to assign this port to this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to open 443 port in HP-UX?

Hello Experts, I want to open the port 443 on my HP-UX system. can you please help ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script for port is open or not

I need a script on which if i will pass the port number and the host name as external parameter then it should respond me if the port is open or not thread moved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patitapaban
0 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Blocking 3306 with iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306

Just added these lines to our server firewall: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j DROP Even though mysql is configured to correctly only listen on port 127.0.0.1 we still see these mysql log file notes on a daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)

NAME
check_int32_add, check_uint32_add, check_int64_add, check_uint64_add, check_int32_sub, check_uint32_sub, check_int64_sub, check_uint64_sub, check_int32_mul, check_uint32_mul, check_int64_mul, check_uint64_mul, check_int32_div, check_uint32_div, check_int64_div, check_uint64_div, -- detect overflow in arithmetic SYNOPSIS
#include <checkint.h> int32_t check_int32_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_add(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_add(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_div(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_div(int x, int y, int *err); DESCRIPTION
The check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) family of functions perform the specified arithmetic operation (addition, subtraction, multiplica- tion, or division) with the left operand of x and right operand of y and return the arithmetic result with the specified type. Either operand x or y (or both) can be of any type that is compatible to signed or unsigned 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit integers. The err argument is or'ed by flags in the function to indicate if an overflow has occurred. The possible flag values are: CHECKINT_NO_ERROR no overflow has occurred CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR overflow has occurred CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR operand is of an incompatible type The err argument is not cleared in calls to the check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) functions. Detected overflow persists in the err argu- ment until err is reset to CHECKINT_NO_ERROR. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the check_<type>_<operation>() functions will return the arithmetic result of performing the operation with left operand x and right operand y (even when overflow error occurs). If any other error occurs, the return value is -1 and the argument err will be set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
/* Create a variable to store overflow flag */ int32_t err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; /* Use checkint API to perform an arithmetic operation and * store result in variable. */ int32_t arithmetic_result = check_int32_add(UINT_MAX, 1, &err); /* Check status of overflow flag */ if (err & CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR) { /* Perform overflow resolution code */ fprintf(stderr, "Overflow detected! "); } /* Check for type error */ else if (err & CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR) { /* Deal with incompatible types error */ fprintf(stderr, "Incompatible types! "); } /* Reset overflow flag for next operation */ err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; ERRORS
The check_<type>_<operation>() functions may fail if: [CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR] operand is of an incompatible type HISTORY
The checkint() API was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5. BSD
April 20, 2007 BSD