Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Increase root file system size ... Post 302545539 by snchaudhari2 on Monday 8th of August 2011 06:13:06 PM
Old 08-08-2011
Okay...How about LVM...

Can I mirror the root slice using LVM and then add slice to it like solaris 10?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase size of the root partition

Hi we have a sunfire v880 server . we have a problem with root partion it showing 90% full. so anyone can help me how to increase the size of that partion. NOTE: It is not in veritas & SVM control. Regards prakash (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshelke
6 Replies

4. Solaris

increase Root size

Dear all, I am very new to solaris, I have installed solaris 10, i tried installing few softwares into file system, unfortunately system failed to install stating "No space left on device " i searched few threads and it says, we have to increase root size. where my root size is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhnki
2 Replies

5. AIX

increase the size of file system

Hi all, we are usig aix 4.3 and i need to increase the size of "/u01" file sytem which is mounted on logical volume "lv00", but "/u01" file system size is 9 GB and logical volume "lvoo" size 9 GB.how do i increase the size of /u01.do i increase the size of logical volume "lv00" and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to increase file size in solaris 10 os

hi, let me know how to increase file size in solaris 10 OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to increase jvm size for solaris 10 (sparc) operating system

Hi, I have solaris 10 (sparc) operating system machine on which I have installed supported weblogic 10.3. It was installed properly. As we know weblogic uses jvm to run and uses a part of jvm memory. But I am facing one problem in which JVM is getting crashed again and again resulting my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj.tati
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Increase the file system size

Dear Friends, I would like to increase the size of a file system from 10GB to 15GB. System is runing on HP-UX 11.31. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Procedure to increase file system

Hi, How/what is the procedure to increase file system in linux server ? Regards, Maddy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase /tmp file system size dynamically in Solaris zone

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of /tmp file system from 512m to 1024m dynamically without reboot in solaris zone # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on zones/zone1 11G 1.0G 10.0G 10% / /dev 11G 1.0G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies
SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)                                                   systemd.slice                                                  SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)

NAME
systemd.slice - Slice unit configuration SYNOPSIS
slice.slice DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".slice" encodes information about a slice unit. A slice unit is a concept for hierarchically managing resources of a group of processes. This management is performed by creating a node in the Linux Control Group (cgroup) tree. Units that manage processes (primarily scope and service units) may be assigned to a specific slice. For each slice, certain resource limits may be set that apply to all processes of all units contained in that slice. Slices are organized hierarchically in a tree. The name of the slice encodes the location in the tree. The name consists of a dash-separated series of names, which describes the path to the slice from the root slice. The root slice is named -.slice. Example: foo-bar.slice is a slice that is located within foo.slice, which in turn is located in the root slice -.slice. Note that slice units cannot be templated, nor is possible to add multiple names to a slice unit by creating additional symlinks to its unit file. By default, service and scope units are placed in system.slice, virtual machines and containers registered with systemd-machined(1) are found in machine.slice, and user sessions handled by systemd-logind(1) in user.slice. See systemd.special(5) for more information. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. The slice specific configuration options are configured in the [Slice] section. Currently, only generic resource control settings as described in systemd.resource-control(5) are allowed. See the New Control Group Interfaces[1] for an introduction on how to make use of slice units from programs. IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are implicitly added: o Slice units automatically gain dependencies of type After= and Requires= on their immediate parent slice unit. DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Slice units will automatically have dependencies of type Conflicts= and Before= on shutdown.target. These ensure that slice units are removed prior to system shutdown. Only slice units involved with late system shutdown should disable DefaultDependencies= option. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.resource-control(5), systemd.service(5), systemd.scope(5), systemd.special(7), systemd.directives(7) NOTES
1. New Control Group Interfaces https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ControlGroupInterface/ systemd 237 SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)