Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script? Post 302545433 by vidhyaS on Monday 8th of August 2011 10:17:36 AM
Old 08-08-2011
How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All..

Am new to Unix!!

Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp).

And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server)

Any help from you is appreciated!! Thanks in Advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files from local drive to telnet unix machine.

i want to run some solaris executable program (text file). i telnet to solaris machine. the text file is on the net drive h: or my local drive on windows system. how can i copy the text file from local drive in windows to remote machine in solaris system? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation and Transfer of TAR file from one machine to another Using UNIX script

Hi, I want to create unix script such that it should run on machine A, it should run TAR commands on machine B and copy that TAR to machine C. Is it possible? Thanks Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahuljadhav
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script on local machine

Hi guys, I need to run and test some shell script. At work, i work on ksh. I don't have any such software/client installed at home and i cannot always connect to work from home. At home i have Windows Vista. Is there a free and reliable software where i can run my ksh script? Please let me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine)

Team, Presently i am running a script from my local box(i.e jumpbox) to all the remote machines.Basically fetching basic queries like pwd,mkdir,touch etc and i am able to successfully fetch it from my local machine.But when i want to check certain database related queries like the dbstat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
20 Replies
vt(1)							      General Commands Manual							     vt(1)

NAME
vt - log into another system over lan SYNOPSIS
nodename [lan_device] [lan_device] DESCRIPTION
enables a user to log into another HP 9000 system (nodename) over an HP local area network. The option causes to send a poll request over the local area network to find out what systems currently have running (see vtdaemon(1M)). An asterisk following a nodename in the response indicates that the system is a gateway. Plus signs following the nodename indicate how many gateways must be traversed to reach that system. The optional argument lan_device specifies a character special device name to use instead of the default device name to send and receive data to and from the local area network. The major number for this device must correspond to a CIO IEEE 802.3 local area network device. Once a connection has been established, enters input mode. In this mode, text typed is sent to the remote host. To issue commands when in input mode, precede them with the escape character (see Commands below). When in command mode, normal terminal editing conventions are available. The connection should terminate automatically upon termination of the login shell on the remote machine. If the connection is not termi- nated upon exit, it is likely that the on the remote system has either been terminated or restarted. To terminate a vt connection, enter command mode and use the command to terminate the connection. Commands recognizes the following commands. Commands can be abbreviated by typing enough of the command to uniquely identify it. Change the working directory on the remote machine to remote-directory. This command is applicable for file transfer only. Set the escape character. If a character is not specified prompts for one. To print or display the current escape character simply press Return in response to this prompt. Print a command summary. Change the local working directory. If no directory is specified, use the user's home directory. This command is applicable for file transfer and shell escapes only. Copy remote-file to local machine and store as local-file. prompts for the file names if they are not specified. The file transfer can be aborted by typing the interrupt character or pressing the break key. Copy local-file to the remote machine and store as remote-file. prompts for the file names if they are not speci- fied. The file transfer can be aborted by typing the interrupt character or pressing the break key. Terminate the connection and exit vt. Identify yourself to the remote server. prompts for a password (after disabling local echo) if a colon is appended to user-name. This com- mand must be executed before any file transfer command can be used. Shell escape. The given command is passed to a sub-shell for execution. If no command is given, a shell is started and connected to the user's terminal. Access Control Lists (ACLs) When sending or receiving files using optional ACL entries are removed. New files have a summary of the access modes (as returned in by of the file being transferred (see stat(2)). DIAGNOSTICS
The diagnostics produced by are intended to be self-explanatory. WARNINGS
uses the Hewlett-Packard LLA (Link Level Access) direct interface to the HP network drivers. uses the multicast address It should not be used or deleted by other applications accessing the network. uses the following IEEE 802.3 sap (service access point) values: and They should not be used by other applications accessing the network. When using on a system with multiple LAN cards installed, the optional command-line argument lan_device may be required if the remote sys- tem is not accessible through the default LAN device. The appropriate lan_device is the one connected (either directly or by way of other gateways) to the remote system. Desktop HP-UX If your system has been installed with the Desktop HP-UX product, neither nor will be started by default. To start these daemons, change PTYDAEMON_START and VTDAEMON_START from a to a in the and files, respectively. The system must be either rebooted for these changes to take effect, or you can start both daemons manually by typing the following commands: where /dev/lan0 is the character special device file corresponding to the IEEE 802.3 local area network device. FILES
Default lan device name. SEE ALSO vtdaemon(1M), stat(2), lan(7), acl(5). vt(1)