Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk print lines in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print lines in a file Post 302545204 by jimmy_y on Sunday 7th of August 2011 11:39:35 AM
Old 08-07-2011
awk print lines in a file

Dear All,

a.txt
A 1 Z
A 1 ZZ
B 2 Y
B 2 AA

how can i use awk one line to achieve the result:
A Z|ZZ
B Y|AA

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print number of lines with awk ?

Can some body tell me how to print number of line from a particular file, with sed. ? Input file format AAAA BBBB CCCC SDFFF DDDD DDDD Command to print line 2 and 3 ? BBBB CCCC And also please tell me how to assign column sum to variable. I user the following command it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print specific lines with awk

Hi! How can I print out a specific range of rows, like "cat file | awk NR==5,NR==9", but in the END-statement? I have a small awk-script that finds specific rows in a file and saves the line number in an array, like this: awk ' BEGIN { count=0} /ZZZZ/ { list=NR ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bugenhagen
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines matching value(s) in other file using awk

Hi, I have two comma separated files. I would like to see field 1 value of File1 exact match in field 2 of File2. If the value matches, then it should print matched lines from File2. I have achieved the results using cut, paste and egrep -f but I would like to use awk as it is efficient way and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk print all lines on match?

Ok so I can use awk to match a pattern and print the whole line with print $0. Is there any way to just tell awk to print every line of output when the pattern matches? I'm having it wait for the word error and then print that entire line. But what I actually need to see is all the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/awk to only print lines with two columns in a file

Hey, Need some help for command to print only lines with two columns in a file abc 111 cde 222 fgh ijk 2 klm 12 23 nop want the ouput to be abc 111 cde 222 ijk 2 Thanks a lot in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK and print next lines #3 thru #10

I have a output log file, that I want to extract some temperature measurement data. I want to AWK on the words "show chassis environment" in the original file, and extract that entire line, and then the 3rd to 10th lines after the one I AWK'd, into a seperate output file. Here is an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all lines in a row except the last one with awk

Hi again, is it possible to do the following using awk? input file is 4.465E+17 5.423E+16 1.218E+17 2.600E+16 9.135E+15 1.238E+14 ... 6.238E+14 desired output 4.465E+17 & 5.423E+16 & 1.218E+17 & 2.600E+16 & 9.135E+15 & 1.238E+14 & ... & (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print out lines that do not fall between range in file

In the awk below I am trying to print out those lines in file2 that are no between $2 and $3 in file1. Both files are tab-delimeted and I think it's close but currently it is printeing out the matches. The --- are not part of the files they are just to show what lines match or fall into the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines that meet conditions and have value in another file

I am trying to use awk to print lines that satisfy either of the two conditions below: condition 1: $2 equals CNV and the split of $3, the value in red, is greater than or equal to 4. ---- this is a or so I think condition 2: $2 equals CNV and the split of $3, the value in red --- this is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)