Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find, regular expression, anyway to simplify this find command? Post 302545105 by Sekullos on Saturday 6th of August 2011 11:38:05 AM
Old 08-06-2011
Awww yes, it seems to be working out perfectly thanks man

And yes I m aware of 1) I just didn't figure out a better way to do it. You make it look so simple now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using regular expression for directories in find command

Hi, I want to find the files available in a directory /var/user/*/*/data/. I tried using the command "find /var/user/ -path '*/*/data/ -name '*' -type f" it says find: 0652-017 -path is not a valid option and then i tried using "find /var/user/ -name '*/*/data/*' -type f" but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothbabu12
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep regular expression to find = not ==

I suspect this is commonly done, but haven't found the right combination of search terms to find the answer. I want to grep for lines in .cpp files that contain only 1 '=' sign in an if statement. e.g., if (a = b) -- find this if (a==b) -- don't find this My attempt: egrep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: offkilter
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and regular expression to find class references in a c++ file

I'm trying to math all class references in a C++ file using grep with regular expression. I'm trying to know if a specific include is usuless or not, so I have to know if there is a refence in cpp. I wrote this RE that searches for a reference from class ABCZ, but unfortunately it isn't working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: passerby
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression to find the length of a field

Hi, in the cobol copy books is there any regular expressions to be used in awk to fetch the length of each columns? below mentioned are the examples. Copy Book Sample 01 tablename. 02 group header. 03 col1 s9(10)V99. 03 Col2 s9(10)V9(3). 03 Col3 XXXX 02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command - using regular expr

Hi, I would like to use find command to find file with a predefined extension for example find . modules/*.ksh *.lib I thought it's possible to use something like : find . modules/*. but it does not work. is there any other way? Thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression in Find command [KSH]

Hello, I am trying to use regex wtih find command in KSH. For some reason it is not working as expected. Input: comm_000_abc_0102.c comm_000_abc.c 456_000_abc_1212.cpp 456_000_abc_.cpp Expected Output: comm_000_abc_0102.c kkm_000_abc_8888.cpp (Basically I want to find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out whether a file exists with the help of regular expression?

Hi all I have a list of file names in array. But this file names are not exact. so i want to search whether a file exists or not using regular expression. code snippet: if ; then echo "File exists" else echo "File does not exits" fi over here "*EQST*" should be treated as a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command: names matching the expression

Hello all, I need to print directories using find command. The directories names contain date in the format YYYYMMDD or the name of directory is only the date format. I want print directories, which doesn't start with this date. E.g I have dirs like foo20120101 foo20120101foo 20120101foo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satin1321
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to using Regular expression to find file.?

Hi Gurus, I need to identify the file with below format: ABC20110101.DAT ABCD2011010103.DAT If I use ABC*\.DAT, it get two file. I want to get file after "ABC' then number, the ".DAT". I tried ABC* but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find regular expression for two files?

I have files: sum_<INPUT FILENAME>.YYYYMMDDhhmmss.csv and sum_details_<INPUT FILENAME>.YYYYMMDDhhmmss.csv I have no idea, what is input filename, but in the code I would like to catch them in case I process them in the loop above case statement for *.${Today}.*.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG.3(October 1, 1997)									       GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG.3(October 1, 1997)

NAME
GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG - open a layout model as current figure SYNOPSYS
#include <genlib.h> void GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG(cellname) char *cellname; ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr PARAMETERS
cellname Name of the cell which all futher calls to genlib physical functions will work on DESCRIPTION
DEF_PHFIG defines the current physical working figure by it's name, the cellname argument. It can be use anywhere in the genlib program, but must appear at least once at the top of it, since it also initalize the user's preferences through environment variables. If the figure called cellname doesn't exists in memory, it is created. If it already exists in memory, it makes it the current working figure. DEF_PHFIG doesn't look on disk for the figure cellname, so be careful not to overwrite an existing file while saving later on. EXAMPLE
#include <genlib.h> main() { /* Create a figure to work on */ GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG("mycell"); /* Place an instance */ GENLIB_PLACE("mymodel","firstinstance", NOSYM,0L,0L); /* Save all that on disk */ GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(); } SEE ALSO
genlib(1), GENLIB_DEF_PHSC(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. PROCEDURAL GENERATION LANGUAGE
ASIM/LIP6 GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG.3(October 1, 1997)