Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture IP and command type in linux script Post 302545071 by h@foorsa.biz on Saturday 6th of August 2011 07:38:08 AM
Old 08-06-2011
Code:
w

Command show who is logged on and what they are doing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture entire line in ps command

I need to determine what processes are running at certain times of the day. I have a script that issues the /usr/ucb/ps aux command and captures it to a file. I want to see the cpu usage and memory usage. This command lops off the end of the of the display line so I can't see the entire... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to identify the raid type on Linux?

Hi any idea on why I am getting this? /sbin/mdadm --detail /dev/md0 mdadm: md device /dev/md0 does not appear to be active. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

What command or script to capture a system snapshot?

Some background on what I am trying to accomplish - Accreditation/Certification for DoD (Unix/Linux) system: I am trying to improve the process for capturing key system information in preparation for performing a formal security review of a Unix or Linux system. This is in addition to the SRR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SecureMe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with tee command to capture script outputs

function GetInput { print -n "Input" read input export INPUT=$input } export COMMAND="GetInput" $COMMAND echo "$INPUT" $COMMAND | tee -a Log.log echo "$INPUT" The first one without "tee" works fine. echo "$INPUT" displays the values I type in for input. The second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthubharadwaj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter the command to capture output--help

&& echo "PLEASE enter the command to capture output" || echo "Processing your command manual" x=$# echo $x while do while man $@ | read -r line do >$@.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doing a capture while another command is executing?

Basically what i'm trying to do is execute an update command and at the same time have the system do a TCPdump to file for that update traffic. So I would like to connect the two commands so that the tcpdump terminates automatically when the update finishes/fails/whatever. Right now I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
0 Replies

7. Linux

How do I capture responses from the chat command?

Unfortunately googling the word 'chat' gives you zebedee billion responses that relate to everything and few of them refer to the linux chat command. I've read the man page and found a couple of examples but can't see how to do this. I want to query the modem for it's manufacturer, product id... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

8. Solaris

How to capture Output of truus command

Hi I want to check if some process is sleeping. I can see that in truss -p <pid> I want to capture output and check that output if proces sis sleeping. Please suggest way to capture output of truss command or other way to check if process is sleeping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the data in Linux .While doing load test.

Hi All, I am trying to capture the data in linux .While doing load test. is there's any sample script please help me. Linux test4 2.6.18-308.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 4 16:43:02 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam1226
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command to capture word from shell script and send email

Hello Experts, Greeting to all of you. I have a requirement, that we have a shell script status.sh that check the status of server and server status shows as status.sh Enterprise Server - Running Admin Server - Shutdown Requirement is like whenever the output shows shutdown it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)