Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to set top arrow to get the history of last used commands Post 302545034 by yazu on Friday 5th of August 2011 11:59:16 PM
Old 08-06-2011
It really depends on version of your ksh and your system/terminal (emulator) you use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh: how to make [up arrow] recall command history

I want to get my up arrow key to recall my previous commands in Korn shell. Anyone help please? thanks a bunch! BG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I get my arrow keys to work for looking thru my PREVIOUS UNIX COMMANDS

how do I make my arrow keys behave like they are on DOS. ALSO i need editing on command promt like it is on DOS on my UNIX prompt can anyone help pl.. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotnis
11 Replies

3. Solaris

History commands

Dear What's the command to be executed to retreive all history commands for a specific user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
1 Replies

4. Linux

history of commands

I would like to log all the commands I type (on the terminal) to a file. The command "history" does this only for current terminal only. I typically keep around 10 terminals open. Thanks, j Note: I do not have root access. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to set history key in Solaris

Hi Solaris guys, I just have my solaris 10 setup on x86 old box... How can i get history key? eg. Linux using up/down arrow key to call history command... HPUX using Esc-k How can i do the samething in Solaris? Thanks in advanced! Regards, gary (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timontt
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding history of my commands

i have several boxes running either ubuntu, redhat or solaris. there are multiple people with root access on these boxes. i really dont like people looking through my command history, is there a way i can prevent this? what files do i have to edit to prevent anyone from being able to see what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

history commands

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL5, I am trying to find out the history of the cammands that were executed on my server. I have files that are missing I just want to find out what happened to them. I used history | more but I can't find anything related to my query. I also checked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands History

how to list all commands history for a username during a certain time ? Maany Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UP arrow button to recall previous commands in Putty

Hi, I remember in my previous project, I used UP arrow button to recall previous unix commands (using putty on Sun OS), which I am not able to do in my new project... I do not know if this is some project specific settings or not... when I press UP arrow button, all I get is ^. I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
3 Replies
Tcl_RecordAndEval(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					      Tcl_RecordAndEval(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_RecordAndEval - save command on history list before evaluating SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_RecordAndEval(interp, cmd, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter in which to evaluate command. const char *cmd (in) Command (or sequence of commands) to execute. int flags (in) An OR'ed combination of flag bits. TCL_NO_EVAL means record the command but do not evaluate it. TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL means evaluate the command at global level instead of the current stack level. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_RecordAndEval is invoked to record a command as an event on the history list and then execute it using Tcl_Eval (or Tcl_GlobalEval if the TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL bit is set in flags). It returns a completion code such as TCL_OK just like Tcl_Eval and it leaves information in the interpreter's result. If you do not want the command recorded on the history list then you should invoke Tcl_Eval instead of Tcl_RecordAn- dEval. Normally Tcl_RecordAndEval is only called with top-level commands typed by the user, since the purpose of history is to allow the user to re-issue recently-invoked commands. If the flags argument contains the TCL_NO_EVAL bit then the command is recorded without being evaluated. Note that Tcl_RecordAndEval has been largely replaced by the object-based procedure Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj. That object-based procedure records and optionally executes a command held in a Tcl object instead of a string. SEE ALSO
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj KEYWORDS
command, event, execute, history, interpreter, record Tcl 7.4 Tcl_RecordAndEval(3)