Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to delete old files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script to delete old files Post 302544961 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 5th of August 2011 01:43:09 PM
Old 08-05-2011
Then go ahead and execute command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to delete files

hi guys, i need a script to delete files that have core in their name ...it might be part of the file name or as a .core extension ...any file that has core as its extension.... i am only able to delete files which just have thier name as core using this : find $1 -type f -name "core"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vats
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to delete files

I have 1000 directories named: 0 - 999 which should contain 1000 files named 0 - 999. But some of these directories contain file whose names are greater than 999 and I need to delete those. I wrote the script below but that doesnt work. Any ideas? #!/bin/bash DIRS=999 for (( j = 0 ; j <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files

Hi, I am looking for a BASH script that deletes old files except the last three recent ones. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newuser_25
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to delete old files

Hi, I need a script to delete files older than 2 years or a year. I have around hundreds of old files which needs to be deleted. Could you please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need help to create a script to delete the files

Hi All, I want to delete all core* files in below file system in Unix server. File system: /usr/sap/P01/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0 I want to setup a cron job every ten minutes to delete the core *files Thanks N Rao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YNRao24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files delete script

Friends, I had written a small script to delete files from deletefiles.txt file. However, I want to add one more piece to script, so as to check if the file(file abc) which was already deleted earlier exists in 'deletefiles.txt' file, script should comment out that "file abc doesnt exist". Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SFTP files then delete them.

Hi, I want to create a script.sh over my local server doing the following: 1- There are files are creating over a directory over my local server "DIR_1". 2- I need to SFTP transfer these files to another Host "HOST_1" by "USER_1"/ "PASS_1". 3- Then Delete the transferred files from my Local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_galileo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies
IPURGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPURGE(8)

NAME
ipurge - delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size SYNOPSIS
ipurge [ -f ] [ -C config-file ] [ -x ] [ -X ] [ -i ] [ -s ] [ -o ] [ -d days | -b bytes | -k Kbytes | -m Mbytes ] [ mailbox-pattern... ] DESCRIPTION
Ipurge deletes messages from the mailbox(es) specified by mailbox-pattern that are older or larger than specified by the -d, -b, -k or -m options. If no mailbox-pattern is given, ipurge works on all mailboxes. If the -x option is given, the message age and size MUST match exactly those specified by -d, -b, -k or -m. The are no default values, and at least one of -d, -b, -k or -m MUST be specified. Ipurge by default only deletes mail below shared folders, which means that mails in mailbox(es) below INBOX.* and user.* stay untouched. Use the option -f to also delete mail in mailbox(es) below these folders. Ipurge reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-f Force deletion of mail in all mailboxes. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -d days Age of message in days. -b bytes Size of message in bytes. -k Kbytes Size of message in Kbytes (2^10 bytes). -m Mbytes Size of message in Mbytes (2^20 bytes). -x Perform an exact match on age or size (instead of older or larger). -X Use delivery time instead of Date: header for date matches -i Invert match logic: -x means not equal, date is for newer, size is for smaller -s Skip over messages that have the Flagged flag set. -o Only purge messages that have the Deleted flag set. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus IPURGE(8)