Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple Login page
Top Forums Web Development Simple Login page Post 302544945 by neutronscott on Friday 5th of August 2011 12:35:08 PM
Old 08-05-2011
So you made your own PHP login script? Do you care to share it for review? The topic is covered a lot, but we can help. Most likely you would want to require_once('login.php') on each each page that needed rights such that it will not continue unless a session is already made, otherwise it displays login form.

Or are you using Apache .htaccess basic auth?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use system users in perl for login page

Hi, I want to code a script with perl. For this, I need some knowledge. How can i use system user name(with group) and password in my login page? I will be happy if you can help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahsinaltay
2 Replies

2. Solaris

could not get a login page

just installed solaris on my dell pc. I partinon my hard drive to dual boot solaris and windows. window works fine and solaris as well but after login in more to 3 times in solaris i keep getting this error as below and as a result i could not login again. I have re-installed several times but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
3 Replies

3. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Login Page

I had a login page and want to authenticate through a Unix file (.txt file). -----abc.txt------ absvd|sfjlfnfkf anldnv|asklffdko ------------------ So I want to read the file and check if corresponding username and password matches or not using javascript or JSP. Also tell me in which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

htmldoc with login on page

How can I make htmldoc write to pdf page that requires login and password? I'am doing it with PHP passthru. I have my login but htmldoc in passthru is showing me only login page. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demerzel
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Httpd proxy with mod_jk,ssl only on login page using .htacess

Hi all, I have a web app with the following pages, browse.jsp and shopping.jsp. I want to protect shopping.jsp with https. (https is only between browser and apache httpd server.)The https for the shopping.jsp page will terminate at the web server. From web server to tomcat application server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
0 Replies

9. Linux

Curl login to web page

Hello dears, I am trying to log in the website using curl but no luck so far. The web page Content-Type is : text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 I try the following command using curl: curl \ --header "Content-type: text/html" \ --request POST \ --data '{"user": "someusername",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 Login Page Loop

I'm currently logged in as Root on a Solaris 10 Server for my schools department and I'm trying to figure out why 20 of my users(Students) can log into the Solaris 10 Sun Ray Oracle Server with correct username and password but then be looped back to the same log in page. I tried deleting their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwilliams21z
7 Replies
GMAN(1x)																  GMAN(1x)

NAME
gman - GTK+ based front-end for man, a good replacment for xman. SYNOPSIS
gman DESCRIPTION
Gman is a front-end for the manual page system. gman builds a database of all the available man pages and displays them in a list. Clicking on an entry in the list makes gman launch another window with the manual page displayed in it. Gman can launch more than one window at same time. The user can use the index/key word search function to look for the man pages that they need. It is simple, but it is useful. OPTIONS
There are no command line options for gman, for now. DISPLAY OPTIONS
Currently gman has 4 different modes to present the man pages, available as the following items in the View menu: xTerm This will launch an X terminal emulator with the man output shown inside. You can add the following line to your ~/.gman file in order to select the preferred X terminal emulator: xterm_command = rxvt GhostView gman will present man pages in a GhostView window for you to view and print the man page. This requires GhostView (command "gv") to be available on your system. Evince gman will present man pages in an Evince window for you to view and print the man page. This requires GNOME Evince (command "evince") to be available on your system. LocalBrowse gman will launch a web browser window to show you the man page. This requires man2html and web browser (command "sensible-browser") to be available on your system. NetBrowse In this mode, you can view the pages with web browser and navigate from one man page to another by clicking the links in the man pages. This requires man2html, web browser (command "sensible-browser") and a HTTP server running on localhost. FILES
~/.gman Contains configuration information for gman, such as window size and paths where the manual pages are contained. For example, v_size = 400 h_size = 300 xterm_command = rxvt show_warning = 0 man_paths = /usr/local/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man For more information, see init_context() function in gman.c for all the options avialiable. ~/.gman is read by gman on startup, and written on exit. SEE ALSO
man(1), man(7), xterm(1). AUTHOR
Gman was written by a smart guy named Xinkai Wang <aakwxk@hotmail.com>. Home page of gman is at: http://homex.coolconnect.com/user/xkwang/gman/ <> Gman May 2002 GMAN(1x)