Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name URGENT!! Post 302544941 by bartus11 on Friday 5th of August 2011 12:30:52 PM
Old 08-05-2011
Assuming your 240 files are in the current directory:
Code:
for i in *; do awk -F, -vOFS="," 'NR==1{x=$0;next}NR==2{t=$0;c=$1;$0=x;$3=$3"-"c;$0=$0"\n"t}1' $i > $i.tmp; mv $i.tmp $i; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed column replace using column header - help

$ cat log.txt Name Age Sex Lcation nfld alias xsd CC 25 M XYZ asx KK Y BB 21 F XAS awe SS N SD 21 M AQW rty SD A How can I replace the column with header "Lcation" with the column with header "alias" and delete the "alias" column? so that the final output will become: Name Age Sex... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the column header in the output !

i have a script that access the database and then returns some row. but in the command prompt it it not showing the column header. how to get that ? below the script: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column header

Hello all, We are trying to run a script in Oracle DB from AIX. We need to set the Column Header while executing the query to generate the Output. For eg. select city, name from emp; It need to generate report in .csv format as CITY NAME atla tom cincin jack How I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: velappangs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name

Hi All, I have a file example.csv which looks like this GrpID,TargetID,Signal,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256 CSCH74_1_1,212007,647,679 CSCH74_1_1,12007,3,32 CSCH74_1_1,207,299,777 I want the output as GrpID,TragetID,Signal-CSCH74_1_1,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vavad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading column header

Hi, I have some 10 tab delimited flat files, for some files the column header starts from 1st row whereas for some other files the column header starts from row or row 3 or row4 and so on.... Is there any way in UNIX so that we can read the column headers dynamically.' I am new to UNIX, so... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print column header

Hi, Below is the data in a tab limited file Here ACCENT is just a heading and the line starting with Pcode has the column headers, and there is a 2 lines space between the file header and column header. I want to print $2, that is Dealer Name I used the below code nawk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Header to column

hello, can someone helpe me on below issue. i have a list of names and IDs, mick 3424 noah 134 samuel 787 jack 434 i want to add a head for both colum using awk or sed or any tool output NAME ID mick 3424 noah 134 samuel 787 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i substitute a header column?

Hi, I have a txt file with multiple columns and i want to substitute the header of the first column. Example: Seq. Name Seq. Length #Hits min. eValue mean Similarity #GOs GOs Enzyme Codes InterProScan comp1000201_c0_seq1 ---NA--- 337 0 0 - comp1000297_c0_seq1 ---NA--- 612 0 0 -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of a column as new column based on header in a script

Hello, I am trying to store sum of a column as a new column inside a file but have to find the column names dynamically I/p c1,c2,c3,c4,c5 10,20,30,40,50 20,30,40,50,60 If i want to find sum only column c1, c3 and output it as c6,c7 O/p c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7 10,20,30,40,50,30,70... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkathi
6 Replies
DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)

db2_field_scale - Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_scale (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the scale of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_scale(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)