Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server performance
Operating Systems Solaris Server performance Post 302544903 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 5th of August 2011 10:33:39 AM
Old 08-05-2011
I totally agree with fpmurphy and DukeNuke2.
Be accurate and be specific . You will get a satisfying answers .
Anyways answer the following initial questions you might get informative answers that might tune your severer performance , Otherwise go with short answer by DukeNuke2
What model is this server and what is the specs of it ?
What type of OS it's running on it?
What type of applications running on top of it?
for now answer those questions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

server performance..

Hi, would like to know the server status from the following 'top' out put. Because, the application is giving a bad performance. would like to know whether the load is within the acceptable limit. Murali... System: shpu28 Tue Feb 3 10:03:31... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

server/client performance

Ello group, I have general question about how the performance of server/client should be? My server is able to answer about 650times per second. Is it good performance? the apache on the same machine makes 1600/sec BUT there is nine instances of httpd daemon what makes 180/ sec /instance. of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomjan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

performance of unix server

Hi, I am supposed to run few jobs based on the usage of unix server. How to find out if the server is too busy. what are the commands we can use to find out that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Server performance

Hi, i would like to ask if it is possible to get the server load on a solaris machine, but i don't want something like uptime (load average), iostat and vmstat. I would like to get something in percentage like CPU load in %, Disk usage in %, Ram usage in %. I want to collect this data and to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Server performance bottleneck

hi all, My server box is slow running. I have provide some statistics below: Where is the bottleneck on the server? I guess the bottleneck is disk I/O? bash-3.00# prstat -Z PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 29206 mobi1 334M 264M sleep ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
8 Replies

7. AIX

Poor Performance of server

Hi, I am new registered user here in this UNIX forums. I am a new system administrator for AIX 6.1. One of our servers performs poorly every time our application (FINACLE) runs many processes/instances. (see below for topas snapshot) I use NMON or Topas to monitor the server utilization. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guzzelle
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance of a server

Hi, how can we define performance of a server (Windows or Unix or Linux) ? If processes waiting for CPU (on queue) are usually more than 3 or 5 can we conclude that CPU is not enough for that usage ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server performance

Hi Guys, I am running Oracle database on RHEL 2.6.18-164.el5, now I want to check and make sure that my server is performing optimally. I check top: top - 09:45:03 up 2 days, 15:22, 3 users, load average: 2.57, 2.85, 2.77 Tasks: 433 total, 3 running, 430 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance Bottleneck in server, Need help

We are wondering if we are facing performance issue in our server when running Informatica jobs. Two things to suspect: cache memory never comes down even when Top shows > 99% used. There is some contention io or network related or Cache is clogged top - 20:58:20 up 16 days, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smart_guy471
3 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)