Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux ./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library. Post 302544737 by fpmurphy on Thursday 4th of August 2011 09:29:55 PM
Old 08-04-2011
What package are you trying to install? This looks like a very old package.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configure script can't find a library

I installed libxml2 library from source and it installed itself in /usr/local/lib i added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf and ran a ldconfig ( as root ) then i tried to compile tablix-0.0.3 wich does require the installed version of libxml2 i ran ./configure ( as normal user ) and i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing Library Files

Can anyone send me copies via email or allow me to download the following files for Unix 4.0? libmsfs.so libfilsys.so These files were lost due to corruption. All the other library files are fine. I have the files on tape, but without libmsfs.so I am unable to open vrestore. I am open... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jays337
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba library libsmbclient.so is missing

Hi, I am trying to set up a driver to access a ms access db in a windows machine from a debian machine. I got the unixODBC driver for ms access. In the configuration file I have to set up the path to the libsmbclient library on the machine where the ODBC-Access Driver is installed. Although... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux on vmware won't boot due to corrupt library file!

We have an issue here: The libc.so.6 file (link) is corrupted and it causes the system unbootable. It even doesn't boot to single user mode. How can we boot the system to fix the library file? Or is there any other solutions for this issue? Here are some boot messages:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

6. Linux

library missing

Hi, I am trying migrate webmin application from solaris to linux. But that is not working in Linux. because the library librpcsoc.so has missed in Linux box.. Could you please advice me that how to resolve this issue and also that how to install that library as well. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Missing libgstfarsight-0.10.so.0 library

Hi ! I have a problem, I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04, but I can't start Pidgin, it outputs this error message : " pidgin: error while loading shared libraries: libgstfarsight-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" . I tried to install a package containing it, but I found... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosgb
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is my library not installed or missing ?

When I am issuing gawk from Solaris-10 zone, it is complaining something missing. Do I need to install some package or something is broke here ? root@bod1rack2:/# /usr/local/bin/gawk ld.so.1: gawk: fatal: libsigsegv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed root@bod1rack2:/# find /... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightup2222
5 Replies

9. Programming

Library/header path for ./configure

Hello, I am always confused about adding library path for ./configure when compiling software under Linux Debian based OS. For example the README of the software tells --with-boost=PATH specify directory for the boost header files --with-mpi=PATH specify prefix directory for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

configure library package for --host architecture

I am trying to decode "configure" script for "bluez" package as far as how are "configure" options for cross-compiling passed to libtoool or GCC to build C++ library. As far as I can tell the "configure" triplet analysis (case) has no options to analyze anything with "linux" in it ,therefore... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
5 Replies
DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
dh_auto_configure - automatically configure a package prior to building SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_configure [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_configure is a debhelper program that tries to automatically configure a package prior to building. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, it looks for and runs a ./configure script, Makefile.PL, Build.PL, or cmake. A standard set of parameters is determined and passed to the program that is run. Some build systems, such as make, do not need a configure step; for these dh_auto_configure will exit without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_configure at all, and just run ./configure or its equivalent manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the standard parameters that dh_auto_configure passes. This can be used to supplement or override those parameters. For example: dh_auto_configure -- --with-foo --enable-bar SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)