Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Advice to become a unix guru? Post 302544725 by saudsos on Thursday 4th of August 2011 07:36:22 PM
Old 08-04-2011
I just want to go do the exam asap. Kind of bored with the material now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice on UNIX/Linux

I have 6 extra hard drives and want to install them in my boxes and run UNIX, LINUX andyes M$ Winblows. How do I make it so i have the choice of which HD to boot from? Also, which UNIX distribution should i run to get aquainted with it, and wheres the best place to get it? Thank you very much if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1sk
5 Replies

2. Programming

Very simple Unix Prog in C, could use advice/help

I just want to get the read() system call to do it's thing! LOL It's now 3:30 AM in the morning, and as I'm the stubborn type I don't like to go to bed with unsolved code :) However I submit humbly now to anyone who can show me what my dumb mistake is. The program imitates a daemon process that so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsonmj
6 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Learning Unix , Advice?

I am a long-time Windows NT, 2000 user at home and work. I want to learn Unix to broaden myself. What flavor do you recommend and how do you recommend practicing with it at home? how to get a copy of it to practice with? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robmaxfli
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what do most Unix guru's use ? :D

I wanted to know what email app most Sun solaris / unix gurus use ? I have become quite NON microsoft in the last few months in my studying solaris.. thanks simon2000 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script issues - Plse help guru's

Hi, I have written the following UNIX for HP-UX 11i. The script basically checks for files older then 45mins in 2 repective directories and then sends and email to the administrator about them. Problem with the script is that I can run it from the command line and crontabtab but 80% of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Guru's help on diff

Hi , I wanted to find delata between two huge ( 8 GB ) files . Say file_TDY and file_YDY : These files are sorted based on a key . I am using a command : 1)bdiff file_TDY file_YDY > diff_file 2) grep ' ^< ' diff_file > TDY_delta I wanted only the changed records and newly added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaybalki
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-learning Unix - need some advice.

I learned Unix about 6 years ago, I think it was the System V version back then. My course taught me, Unix commands, shell scripting, Vi editor, and probably more stuff. I wanted to stick with Unix but life didn't allow me to, my college back then used Windows 95 and then my job as a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Help & Advice

I originally sent this as a PM to Neo, but I was ignorant towards the rule of PMing someone with technical information. Below is a copy / paste of the questions I asked. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it tons. Thank you! :D The first OS I ever encountered was DOS and Windows 3.1. Ever since... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeeSquared
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX advice needed desperately :/

Firstly I do need to state that I am turning here as a last resort. Im in my first year of a Computer Networking and technical support course, and as a first year I must complete a Introductory Unix/Linux class. I have been doing well in the course so far however I have been stumped on the final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: setaylor5
1 Replies
SoXtMaterialEditor(3IV)()												 SoXtMaterialEditor(3IV)()

NAME
SoXtMaterialEditor -- Component which lets you edit a material interactively INHERITS FROM
SoXtComponent > SoXtMaterialEditor SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/Xt/SoXtMaterialEditor.h> typedef void SoXtMaterialEditorCB(void *userData, const SoMaterial *mtl) enum UpdateFrequency { SoXtMaterialEditor::CONTINUOUS send updates with every mouse motion SoXtMaterialEditor::AFTER_ACCEPT only send updates after user hits accept button } Methods from class SoXtMaterialEditor: SoXtMaterialEditor(Widget parent = NULL, const char *name = NULL, SbBool buildInsideParent = TRUE) ~SoXtMaterialEditor() void attach(SoMaterial *material, int index = 0) void detach() SbBool isAttached() void addMaterialChangedCallback(SoXtMaterialEditorCB *f, void *userData = NULL) void removeMaterialChangedCallback(SoXtMaterialEditorCB *f, void *userData = NULL) void setUpdateFrequency(SoXtMaterialEditor::UpdateFrequency freq) SoXtMaterialEditor::UpdateFrequency getUpdateFrequency() void setMaterial(const SoMaterial &mtl) const SoMaterial & getMaterial() const Methods from class SoXtComponent: virtual void show() virtual void hide() SbBool isVisible() Widget getWidget() const SbBool isTopLevelShell() const Widget getShellWidget() const Widget getParentWidget() const void setSize(const SbVec2s &size) SbVec2s getSize() Display * getDisplay() void setTitle(const char *newTitle) const char * getTitle() const void setIconTitle(const char *newIconTitle) const char * getIconTitle() const void setWindowCloseCallback(SoXtComponentCB *func, void *data = NULL) static SoXtComponent * getComponent(Widget w) const char * getWidgetName() const const char * getClassName() const DESCRIPTION
This class is used to edit the material properties of an SoMaterial node. The editor can also directly be used using callbacks instead of attaching it to a node. The component consists of a render area displaying a test sphere, some sliders, a set of radio buttons, and a menu. The sphere displays the current material being edited. There is one slider for each material coefficient. Those fields are ambient, dif- fuse, specular, emissive (all of which are colors); and transparency and shininess (which are scalar values). A color editor can be opened to edit the color slider base color. A material list displays palettes of predefined materials from which to choose. The editor can currently be attached to only one material at a time. Attaching two different materials will automatically detach the first one before attaching the second. METHODS
SoXtMaterialEditor(Widget parent = NULL, const char *name = NULL, SbBool buildInsideParent = TRUE) ~SoXtMaterialEditor() Constructor and destructor. void attach(SoMaterial *material, int index = 0) void detach() Attach/detach the editor to a material node and edit the material of the given index. SbBool isAttached() Returns TRUE if the editor is attached. void addMaterialChangedCallback(SoXtMaterialEditorCB *f, void *userData = NULL) void removeMaterialChangedCallback(SoXtMaterialEditorCB *f, void *userData = NULL) Additional way of using the material editor, by registering a callback which will be called whenever the material changes (check the UpdateFrequency to find when the callbacks will be called). void setUpdateFrequency(SoXtMaterialEditor::UpdateFrequency freq) SoXtMaterialEditor::UpdateFrequency getUpdateFrequency() Sets/gets the update frequency. See the UpdateFrequency enum declaration. void setMaterial(const SoMaterial &mtl) const SoMaterial & getMaterial() const Set a new material value, and get the current material value. RESOURCES
*SoXtMaterialEditor.tile1Color: #4c4c4c (color name or hex value) *SoXtMaterialEditor.tile2Color: #999999 (color name or hex value) *SoXtMaterialEditor.light1Color: white (color name or hex value) *SoXtMaterialEditor.light2Color: white (color name or hex value) *SoXtMaterialEditor.updateFrequency: continuous (continuous | manual) SEE ALSO
SoXtComponent, SoXtMaterialList, SoXtDirLightEditor, SoMaterial SoXtMaterialEditor(3IV)()