Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: audit user in BSM/C2 Log
Special Forums Cybersecurity audit user in BSM/C2 Log Post 302544706 by DGPickett on Thursday 4th of August 2011 05:04:22 PM
Old 08-04-2011

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

audit user activity - possible?

Hi, I have been asked if it is possible to track the last time a specific user logged in to the sysetm. checked my documentation but can't see it there - google is not being very helpful either. I wonder if someone here can help - it will be much appreciated. Thanks Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris BSM log software

I'm looking for a software to capture my systems logs, and bsm (basic security module) logs to centralise the administration. Do you have a suggestions. Opensource or not. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
6 Replies

3. Programming

how to write to Solaris BSM log

I have a C program and want to write messages to a log. BSM is being used for O/S auditing. Can I write my messages to the BSM log? If so, how do I do that? I'm not finding any API's for that. Any URLs, samples, guidance would be appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDO
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris BSM audit log

I got a lot of this message in my /var/audit log how can I exclude this message? header,127,2,invalid event number,fe,hostsol1.com.sg,2007-12-21 00:10:01.001 +08:00,argument,1,0x5,processor ID,argument ,2,0x3,flag,text,P_STATUS,subject,zhang1,root,root,root,root,18228,576129155,291 131094... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoffry
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

audit user commands of different users under root account

Hi, I would like to know if there is anyway that I can pinpoint the user before/after he connects to the root? Also, I'm trying to find out what are the commands he inputs under root access. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointgetter0
6 Replies

6. Solaris

BSM auditing issues, need to audit "permission denied"

Let me preface with I am semi-new to Solaris. I work with it in the labs at work and that's about my extent (although I run Linux at home). Well, a week ago security comes around with updated requirements, some of which are the need to audit all failures. For the life of me I cannot get a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph275
0 Replies

7. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Audit on specific user in linux

Hi All, Please let me how to enable user specific audit in Linux server. Say i have specific user namely admin1,admin2,admin3 apart from the normal users, user1,2,3.....userN. How to enable audit for users admin1,admin2 and admin3 alone. Also please let me know, if this would have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Audit user activity

Need some help in coming up to log all the activity that is used with our common "unix account". Ideally I am looking for to log the activity in a "separate" file for each session or login until the user logout, I would like to capture the date/time and terminal login and record all the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajmanna
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How can I read Solaris BSM log?

Hi all, I'm trying to read Solaris BSM log in user friendly form. Found old tools including bsmparser java tool and php code. But none of them working. What are you using for parsing BSM log? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
2 Replies
audit_user(4)							   File Formats 						     audit_user(4)

NAME
audit_user - per-user auditing data file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_user DESCRIPTION
audit_user is an access-restricted database that stores per-user auditing preselection data. You can use the audit_user file with other authorization sources, including the NIS map audit_user.byname and the NIS+ table audit_user. Programs use the getauusernam(3BSM) routines to access this information. The search order for multiple user audit information sources is specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. See nsswitch.conf(4). The lookup follows the search order for passwd(4). The fields for each user entry are separated by colons (:). Each user is separated from the next by a newline. audit_user does not have general read permission. Each entry in the audit_user file has the form: username:always-audit-flags:never-audit-flags The fields are defined as follows: username User's login name. always-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to always audit. never-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to never audit. For a complete description of the audit flags and how to combine them, see audit_control(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the audit_user File other:lo,am:io,cl fred:lo,ex,+fc,-fr,-fa:io,cl ethyl:lo,ex,nt:io,cl FILES
/etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/passwd /etc/security/audit_user ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The file format stability is evolving. The file content is unstable. SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), audit_control(4), nsswitch.conf(4), passwd(4) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2003 audit_user(4)