Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace partial string Post 302544694 by birei on Thursday 4th of August 2011 03:26:26 PM
Old 08-04-2011
Hi,

Try next 'perl' command:
Code:
$ perl -pe 's/^\d+/11*++$i/e' infile
11 10 AAA
22 13 BBBBB
33 11 CCCCC
44 32 DDDDDD

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete line from file if successful partial string found

Id like to delete a line from a file using (preferably a single line unix command) if it contains a certain string pattern. If line contains "abcdef" then delete that line. Help greatly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cronjob78
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get partial numbers from a string

Hi Everyone, I have: $val="QQ3_1899_CD4". The output will be: 1899. I did $val =~ /(\d+)/g; the output is 318994, then i use substr to get those 1899. This is not efficient. Is any simple way, like just one line can do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl get partial string of a string

Hi All, I have: $d = "12.02222222222"; $d =~ s/(.*).(.*)/$1/e; The output should be just 12. Please guide me my expression wrong. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace space partial

source "PUT 810 712 0001 ILC AK4 00 0 00 00" It needs to be changed to "PUT,810,712,0001,ILC,AK4 00 0 00 00" Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janex
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Print partial line/partial field

Hello, this is probably a simple request but I've been toying with it for a while. I have a large list of devices and commands that were run with a script, now I have lines such as: a-router-hostname-C#show ver I want to print everything up to (and excluding) the # and everything after it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract partial string from path.

Hi all, i've a string $DIR=/u/user/NDE/TEST_LOGS/20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TEST_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to extract string from 2011.... i.e i need it as 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 as matched string, and in turn i need to split values 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 into two.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial of string in file?

Hi Guys, I need replace part of string in a file. for example: ABC=123 CDE=122 DEF=456 ABC=123 DED=333 ABC=123 I need replace the value after ABC=, highlighted in red. I want to get following result; ABC=456 CDE=122 DEF=456 ABC=456 DED=333 ABC=456 Anybody can help me this. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial string match and add specific fields

Trying to combine strings that are a partial match to another in $1 (usually below it). If a match is found than the $2 value is added to the $2 value of the match and the $3 value is added to the $3 value of the match. I am not sure how to do this and need some expert help. Thank you :). file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Match and Replace

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file like this one. I need to do a partial match of a particular cell and then replace matches with an empty cell. So here is a sample: Smith FordMustang ChevroletCamaro Miller FordFiesta Jones KiaSorrento Davis ChevroletCamaro Johnson ToyotaHighlander I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
SUBSTR_REPLACE(3)							 1							 SUBSTR_REPLACE(3)

substr_replace - Replace text within a portion of a string

SYNOPSIS
mixed substr_replace (mixed $string, mixed $replacement, mixed $start, [mixed $length]) DESCRIPTION
substr_replace(3) replaces a copy of $string delimited by the $start and (optionally) $length parameters with the string given in $replace- ment. PARAMETERS
o $string - The input string. An array of strings can be provided, in which case the replacements will occur on each string in turn. In this case, the $replacement, $start and $length parameters may be provided either as scalar values to be applied to each input string in turn, or as arrays, in which case the corresponding array element will be used for each input string. o $replacement - The replacement string. o $start - If $start is positive, the replacing will begin at the $start'th offset into $string. If $start is negative, the replacing will begin at the $start'th character from the end of $string. o $length - If given and is positive, it represents the length of the portion of $string which is to be replaced. If it is negative, it rep- resents the number of characters from the end of $string at which to stop replacing. If it is not given, then it will default to strlen( $string ); i.e. end the replacing at the end of $string. Of course, if $length is zero then this function will have the effect of inserting $replacement into $string at the given $start offset. RETURN VALUES
The result string is returned. If $string is an array then array is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Simple substr_replace(3) examples <?php $var = 'ABCDEFGH:/MNRPQR/'; echo "Original: $var<hr /> "; /* These two examples replace all of $var with 'bob'. */ echo substr_replace($var, 'bob', 0) . "<br /> "; echo substr_replace($var, 'bob', 0, strlen($var)) . "<br /> "; /* Insert 'bob' right at the beginning of $var. */ echo substr_replace($var, 'bob', 0, 0) . "<br /> "; /* These next two replace 'MNRPQR' in $var with 'bob'. */ echo substr_replace($var, 'bob', 10, -1) . "<br /> "; echo substr_replace($var, 'bob', -7, -1) . "<br /> "; /* Delete 'MNRPQR' from $var. */ echo substr_replace($var, '', 10, -1) . "<br /> "; ?> Example #2 Using substr_replace(3) to replace multiple strings at once <?php $input = array('A: XXX', 'B: XXX', 'C: XXX'); // A simple case: replace XXX in each string with YYY. echo implode('; ', substr_replace($input, 'YYY', 3, 3))." "; // A more complicated case where each replacement is different. $replace = array('AAA', 'BBB', 'CCC'); echo implode('; ', substr_replace($input, $replace, 3, 3))." "; // Replace a different number of characters each time. $length = array(1, 2, 3); echo implode('; ', substr_replace($input, $replace, 3, $length))." "; ?> The above example will output: A: YYY; B: YYY; C: YYY A: AAA; B: BBB; C: CCC A: AAAXX; B: BBBX; C: CCC NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. SEE ALSO
str_replace(3), substr(3), String access and modification by character. PHP Documentation Group SUBSTR_REPLACE(3)